• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LineageOS 14.1 for LG L70 D320 D320n D325 MS323

Is anyone using LineageOS updates directly on your phone? Is this functionality working for anyone? If you are not using it, why are you not using it to stay up to date with LineageOS? Its not working for me, I don't know if this is a bug or my phone does not have enough memory to use this functionality. I am loving the software and security updates that I am receiving on my MS323.

Upvote 0
Is anyone using LineageOS updates directly on your phone? Is this functionality working for anyone? If you are not using it, why are you not using it to stay up to date with LineageOS? Its not working for me, I don't know if this is a bug or my phone does not have enough memory to use this functionality. I am loving the software and security updates that I am receiving on my MS323.
Your right the ROM's great. Try taking a data backup and reinstalling the app's. After that restore the data. If you have already tried that​ then try Apps2SD

Upvote 0
I am asking about the in built functionality of the OS. If I go to settings, about phone and then lineageOS updates. I have a screen that checks if there is a new nightly file available, if there is an update available there is a button to select that will download the nightly file. I can click that but within 1 minute the download stops and no nightly file has downloaded. I am attempting to know if this functionality is working for anyone. I kind of think the problem is my phone storage is to small to download, but I honestly don't know if that is the issue (perhaps it is a bug). Is anyone able to use this functionality on their phone? My other phone has not received a security update since sept 06 and I know that LineageOS is available for it as well. I am getting serious about updating my other phone to Lineage as well as I have found it rock solid on my MS323

Upvote 0
Now you're problem sounds clear. If you feel that you have a storage problem you can do two things to check it. First would be to check if the file always stops downloading after a same size. Second would be to check if you get a notification saying you have storage space left. The fix would be to either to do what I said earlier or you could try downloading the file through a PC. If you wasn't the link to download I could provide you with that too. I ain't using the ROM so I can't check and tell of Ota update is working.
You could try asking the developer the same question.

Upvote 0
Hello friends . I would like to thank all the efforts for the launch. After the whole process of rooting up root, unlocking the bootloader and getting a recovery with the TWRP so far everything went well as planned and I went to the tests. Well, to my surprise I can no longer install any kind of ROM, because by trying various cache wizards, system and the others, I get the message that the phone is encrypted. I tried several and the answer always the same: Failed to install the ROM with red letters. Anyway, thank you all, best of luck to you. Hugs .

Upvote 0
Hello friends . I would like to thank all the efforts for the launch. After the whole process of rooting up root, unlocking the bootloader and getting a recovery with the TWRP so far everything went well as planned and I went to the tests. Well, to my surprise I can no longer install any kind of ROM, because by trying various cache wizards, system and the others, I get the message that the phone is encrypted. I tried several and the answer always the same: Failed to install the ROM with red letters. Anyway, thank you all, best of luck to you. Hugs .

I suppose your device might be the D325f8, even if it is not, you can try. Downgrade from TWRP 3.0.3-0 to TWRP 3.0.2-0. Do a full wipe (only: dalvik - cache - data - system). And, try again!

I went through a similar situation with TWRP3.0.3-0. I was only able to solve it by downgrading. I think this problem only happens in D325f8. I did not see anyone else talking about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suppose your device might be the D325f8, even if it is not, you can try. Downgrade from TWRP 3.0.3-0 to TWRP 3.0.2-0. Do a full wipe (only: dalvik - cache - data - system). And, try again!

I went through a similar situation with TWRP3.0.3-0. I was only able to solve it by downgrading. I think this problem only happens in D325f8. I did not see anyone else talking about it.

Thanks for trying to help, but in TWRP version 3.0.2.0 there were already errors like this. No other Room was installed besides a version of last December, the gaps also did not have success, even doing the cleaning as you described. By my research, many people had this problem everywhere and the only solution was to decrypt the phone, but it was not clear how to do it. Is there a command line in the recovery terminal itself that does this job, or some file ?? In the XDA forum and some other postings there are reports that it was a success.

Upvote 0
I installed lineage-14.1-20170707-nightly-w5-signed.zip on my LG L70 D320n and face recognition isn't working,i turn it on and it freezes and stops working.
Flaslight doesn't work too,I press the flashlight button on the dropdown menu and it just locks my screen,or I turn flash on in camera and.
On Instagram when I try to add a story and put location the app freezes and closes.
Any fixes?

Upvote 0
Hi this is totally unrelated to the thread, but also has to do with custom roms with CM13. I posted a thread quite a while ago and I'm really stunned that I can't root my CM13 device. I went to developer options and did its steps and all, but nothing can fix my root. I tried the solutions provided, but my phone's Boot recovery, and fastboot doesn't work. When I go to fastboot it goes to download mode and seems stuck on it. Boot Recovery is just a black screen, though weirdly enough my phone boots normally with CM13, but the root functionality doesn't work. I have CM13 nightly, and the reason why I need root is because my phone only has like 1GB internal storage, so no space for a lot of apps. My phone can only install like Google maps, Whatsapp, and Chrome along with some minor necessary apps, but then it is full. I really don't know how to fix the issue. I have like a 4 or 8 GB sandisk memory card in my phone, but none of the space is used.

Upvote 0
I'm amateur and not an English speaker
some...
-the gallery says no external storage available while it is attached
-when opening calendar its stop working
-when downloading from the internet it says insufficient storage while it is free enough
-link to sd is not functioning well: after linking to sd it shows reboot device even after reboot
-can't put one sim to offline mode (turn one sim off) in D325

Thanks,

I also found the Link2SD issue. If I format the 2nd partition as ext2/ext4, I got corrupted SD card message and Link2SD shows error of creating mount scripts. FAT32 can be recognized by the system, and Link2SD can create the mount scripts. But after reboot, I end up with the prompt that the 2nd partition can not be automatically at boot. I also tried other formats but no luck.

Does anybody else have the same problem and a solution as well?

Upvote 0
I also found the Link2SD issue. If I format the 2nd partition as ext2/ext4, I got corrupted SD card message and Link2SD shows error of creating mount scripts. FAT32 can be recognized by the system, and Link2SD can create the mount scripts. But after reboot, I end up with the prompt that the 2nd partition can not be automatically at boot. I also tried other formats but no luck.

Does anybody else have the same problem and a solution as well?

I couldn't get link2sd to work so I abandoned it, however I managed to get a mixed adoptable storage and sd card working.
First I tried to make my whole SDCard adoptable bit it was way to slow (I think because the card was too big) and had problems at startup

I used the tutorial found here
http://blog.sam.liddicott.com/2016/02/android-6-semi-adopted-storage.html

I now have 128gb card with 12gb as adoptable storage (so it installs apps there) and 108gb as regular sd card (so I don't lose my pictures if the adoptable storage goes bonkers)
- I also back up the /data/data/misc/vold - key file just in case :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170815-011339.png
    Screenshot_20170815-011339.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: Salvador
Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I thinking of installing LineageOS 14.1 on my LG D320N but I have some worries. First of all, I should say that currently I'm running CyanogenMod 13, the latest snapshot before cyanogenmod shutdown. My questions are:
Is LineageOS stable enough? Is Performance on LG D320N at least the same as it was with cyanogenmod 13?? Is it worth it?
Will I encounter any problems if I flash with TWRP 3.0.3?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I thinking of installing LineageOS 14.1 on my LG D320N but I have some worries. First of all, I should say that currently I'm running CyanogenMod 13, the latest snapshot before cyanogenmod shutdown. My questions are:
Is LineageOS stable enough? Is Performance on LG D320N at least the same as it was with cyanogenmod 13?? Is it worth it?
Will I encounter any problems if I flash with TWRP 3.0.3?
Thanks
I dont have that device, but with me it's working very well, it's stable, try it out

Upvote 0
Halo,
i've been installed "lineage-14.1-20170825-nightly-w5-signed" days ago. and i got problems, that is auto restarting and i cant turn it off. i've trying to remove the battery but it always auto restarting without hold my power button when i plug it. I also try to hold my power button for minutes but it cant turn off. Is there anyone know the problem like mine, and know how to solve it? thanks

Upvote 0
Note to the galera that is arriving now:

1. There is a partition resizer. Research. You will find here in the forum.
2. Check the change log. Update when the bug repair amount is small (https://download.lineageos.org/w5/changes/). Ex: the next update (today).

I come here, bring bad news today. This is my last post related to our L70 Warrior. I'll explain in the answer below to @darmadidik.

Halo,
i've been installed "lineage-14.1-20170825-nightly-w5-signed" days ago. and i got problems, that is auto restarting and i cant turn it off. i've trying to remove the battery but it always auto restarting without hold my power button when i plug it. I also try to hold my power button for minutes but it cant turn off. Is there anyone know the problem like mine, and know how to solve it? thanks

@darmadidik,

I lost my partitions efs1 (modemst1) and efs2 (modemst2), because of this problem, on the power button.

I discovered that there was a remnant of the paper sealing that came from the factory. It caused the locking of the button.
During an update, the screen went into standby, and when you pressed power to see the progress, the smartphone hung up. And went into restart loop.

I reinstalled the rom. When I rebooted the RIL was broken. I went to check the IMEI. The 2 IMEI slots were zeroed.

I have the bkps. I tried to recover through TWRP. Unsuccessfully.

Try other means (DD, etc ...). Unsuccessfully.

Until I made a script to run through the download mode, through the COM serial port. But I made a mistake in my Bash Script. Anyway, my device has completely passed away. It is no longer recognized in Windows, let alone in Linux (in which there should be some sign of life)!

So @darmadidik, the moral of the story, is that I recommend you dismantle your device and do a cleaning, check if there is something that is locking your power button.

I can recover my device through a BOX like Octopus Medusa or UFI ... But I will not invest, because after my attempts to recover, to the most extreme, before using a BOX, led me to believe that my emmc is corrupted in the sectors of these partitions.

I ordered a Tough Rugged IP68 (dust and water proof) SmartPhone. I'm just waiting for delivery.

Thank you, guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberthf
Upvote 0
Halo,

It happened to me a couple of months ago, not really sure it's your problem but on my device the button got stuck internally (it was not noticeable, the button made click still), so I went to a unofficial repair center and they changed it for something like 6 dollars

Reactions: ClauvanPdST
Upvote 0
Long live L70!!
Im so sorry about your decease (Rip your phone), I'm posting from another device right now (LG G4 plus) I gave the L70 to my mother but I haven't updated the ROM since a month ago... So this is a very useful advise
So much thank u for help me on my project to made zips that uninstall (on that time) CyanogenMod apps

I will check now and then this place in order to help my mother hahaha
Good luck wherever your new device take you!

2. Check the change log. Update when the bug repair amount is small (https://download.lineageos.org/w5/changes/). Ex: the next update (today).

I come here, bring bad news today. This is my last post related to our L70 Warrior. I'll explain in the answer below to @darmadidik.

@darmadidik,

I lost my partitions efs1 (modemst1) and efs2 (modemst2), because of this problem, on the power button.

I discovered that there was a remnant of the paper sealing that came from the factory. It caused the locking of the button.
During an update, the screen went into standby, and when you pressed power to see the progress, the smartphone hung up. And went into restart loop.

I reinstalled the rom. When I rebooted the RIL was broken. I went to check the IMEI. The 2 IMEI slots were zeroed.

Until I made a script to run through the download mode, through the COM serial port. But I made a mistake in my Bash Script. Anyway, my device has completely passed away. It is no longer recognized in Windows, let alone in Linux (in which there should be some sign of life)!

So @darmadidik, the moral of the story, is that I recommend you dismantle your device and do a cleaning, check if there is something that is locking your power button.

I can recover my device through a BOX like Octopus Medusa or UFI ... But I will not invest, because after my attempts to recover, to the most extreme, before using a BOX, led me to believe that my emmc is corrupted in the sectors of these partitions.

I ordered a Tough Rugged IP68 (dust and water proof) SmartPhone. I'm just waiting for delivery.

Thank you, guys!

Reactions: ClauvanPdST
Upvote 0
It happened to me a couple of months ago, not really sure it's your problem but on my device the button got stuck internally (it was not noticeable, the button made click still), so I went to a unofficial repair center and they changed it for something like 6 dollars

Really?
This is my device current situation. do you ever having same problem like this?

Attachments

• hp rusak_170911_0008.jpg
    hp rusak_170911_0008.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

@darmadidik,

Thank you, guys!

Hey!
As your recommendation, i've just dismantle my device. but i got another problems:
1. My device is bootlop
2. Only fastboot, cannot enter download mode. But when i flash through fastboot, command always failed

Do you ever having the same problem? please help me. thank you

Attachments

• hp rusak_170911_0008.jpg
    hp rusak_170911_0008.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
Hey!
As your recommendation, i've just dismantle my device. but i got another problems:
1. My device is bootlop
2. Only fastboot, cannot enter download mode. But when i flash through fastboot, command always failed

Do you ever having the same problem? please help me. thank you

Everything has been well explained here in the forum. You should research how to use fastboot mode and how to perform the soft unbrick.

You will need to flash the aboot patched (for your device model) and recovery (twrp 3.0.2-0) partitions.
And to recover the download mode you will have to flash the Stock Rom (if possible without the download mode) or extract the partitions from stock kdz rom in order to flash the modem partition.

put the files inside the adb folder.
rename the twrpxxxxxx file to recovery.img.
aboot.bin and modem.bin remain with the same name.

When fastboot recognizes your device, enter the commands below:
Note: replace C:\ADB\ with your adb and fastboot folder

fastboot flash recovery C:\ADB\recovery.img
fastboot flash aboot C:\ADB\aboot.bin
fastboot flash modem C:\ADB\modem.bin

Upvote 0
Everything has been well explained here in the forum. You should research how to use fastboot mode and how to perform the soft unbrick.

You will need to flash the aboot patched (for your device model) and recovery (twrp 3.0.2-0) partitions.
And to recover the download mode you will have to flash the Stock Rom (if possible without the download mode) or extract the partitions from stock kdz rom in order to flash the modem partition.

put the files inside the adb folder.
rename the twrpxxxxxx file to recovery.img.
aboot.bin and modem.bin remain with the same name.

When fastboot recognizes your device, enter the commands below:
Note: replace C:\ADB\ with your adb and fastboot folder

fastboot flash recovery C:\ADB\recovery.img
fastboot flash aboot C:\ADB\aboot.bin
fastboot flash modem C:\ADB\modem.bin

Im sorry...but you should read my first question in this thread. for simple, i've been done what you have been listed but its failed!

Upvote 0
Im sorry...but you should read my first question in this thread. for simple, i've been done what you have been listed but its failed!

I said: search more about fastboot.

You did not talk about whether your device was recognized or not through fastboot.

Trying the commands and they do not work, sounds to me as if the device was not recognized.

You will have to have your device recognized, in rwindows, by installing the appropriate fastboot drivers. So that your device is recognized through fastboot.

Do your research that you will succeed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones