Lock Screen not showing.Support

Last Updated:

1. psmak4

psmak4 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Droid Bionic a few days ago (first Android phone for me). I don't know how I did it, but my "slide to unlock" screen isn't showing up anymore. I downloaded NoLock to see if that would reset the settings, but it didn't work. I've also tried setting a pattern lock, but it never asks for it when I awake the phone by pressing the power button. Anybody have any ideas on how to bring it back? I don't like the idea of my phone being wide open and able to be turned on in my pocket by just pressing the power button. I want the slide to unlock screen back.

Advertisement
  2. New Rising

New Rising Well-Known Member

That happened to me too when I would disable widget locker, the stock lock screen wouldn't show up anymore. The only way I could get it back was if I rebooted my phone. Unless someone else knows a way how to?

3. psmak4

I had Widget Locker on as well. I was working fine for me and when I would disable Widget Locker, the regular slide lock screen would come back. I now have Widget Locker uninstalled and the slide lock screen is gone even after multiple reboots.

4. New Rising

So you still have the Nolock app installed? Try going into the settings and disabling it, or just uninstall it.

5. psmak4

NoLock doesn't seem to make any difference. I've tried it with locking enabled and disabled. No matter what, there is no lock screen when I awake the phone. Even tried uninstalling NoLock and it affected nothing.

6. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I use No Lock on a Droid X and a Bionic. I like it a lot. This would be on my list of Must Have apps.

If you are going to uninstall it, I think you might have to reboot after you do so (depending on how you left it set).

I have the widget for No Liock on my main home screen and it shows the status. It is usually unlocked. On a rare occasion I will just hit the widget and lock it.

I have never tried it on a phone wiht a key set.

... Thom

7. psmak4

Installed, changed settings, rebooted, changed settings, rebooted, uninstalled, rebooted... nothing seems to be able to bring it back. I'm really lost on this.

8. New Rising

yeah, you've got me stumped. A reboot always worked for me when my lock screen wasn't showing. Maybe try uninstalling widget locker and see what that does?

9. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

I have never had a code set on this device.

As a test I just unintalled No Liock when it was unlocked turned the screen off and on. The SSS (stupid slide screen) came up and worked properly.

I powered off and on. The SSS came up and worked properly.

The only think I can suggest is to make sure you don;t have a code set, unisntall No Lock, and see if it works.

You could then put the code back in.

... Thom

10. tigerbat

tigerbat New Member

My Droid Bionic's lock screen seemed to have disappeared as well... did anyone find a solution?:confused:

11. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Two things were addressed in this thread ...

Un installing add-on widgets like NoLock.

Reset the phone (easily done by holding down the volume up/volume down/power buttons until a menu appears and then disappears).

Did you try both of them?

... Thom