• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen quirk?

Can we make bets that Sprint or Sammy will not fix this super simple problem this month... or before May 2012...

Good luck with that. I think there is no way they would push out a release to fix this minor bug during the next four weeks. After May, the symptoms will go away until next year.

Fixing the bug itself is probably easy. Pushing out a firmware release is a huge deal. So it's a no-brainer to wait for the next maintenance release.

Upvote 0
Fix for the date problem everyone is having.
Credit is due to the ones who fixed it
Follow the thread over to XDA and give thanks, I am just a messenger :p
TouchWiz Lock Screen Fix - xda-developers

Do you have to be rooted to apply this file? I'm a little surprised there's no instructions at all...honestly, it doesn't bug me that much, and like I said in my previous post, when it switches to June it will be fine.

Upvote 0
Do you have to be rooted to apply this file? I'm a little surprised there's no instructions at all...honestly, it doesn't bug me that much, and like I said in my previous post, when it switches to June it will be fine.

Seeing as it is a Zip File AND on XDA Forums, I assume you have to be rooted in order to apply the update. Probably as easy as flashing the file in CWM, IF you are rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones