• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking ahead to 2.2 froyo and root

And even if you do brick it, there is always rsd lite.. But honestly, other than oc'ing, once we get 2.2, will there really be any other reason to stay rooted?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

There's still custom themes and wallpapers to be made, diff battery icons, etc. But mostly, if 2.2 is really that fast, then a OCed 2.2 Droid must be ludicrous speed!

"Spaceball 1! They've gone to....plaid!!!

Upvote 0
I have about 10 friends/relatives with Droids. 1/2 are rooted (I rooted them though). The other half are like "I don't want to mess up my phone", and no matter how much I explain to them, they won't do it. Crazy...
LOL I got a friend at work that has a droid too, and ive been trying to get him to let me root it for him, but he is to chicken:D He is like "man your phone is boss" an im like then let me root your phone then, an he is like hell no:D

Upvote 0
There's still custom themes and wallpapers to be made, diff battery icons, etc. But mostly, if 2.2 is really that fast, then a OCed 2.2 Droid must be ludicrous speed!

"Spaceball 1! They've gone to....plaid!!!

Im kinda thinking that 2.2 will be about as fast as we will ever see on a stock rom. I just don't think they will be able to squeeze much more speed out with tons of errors an hang ups. Just my opinion though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones