• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking at this as first smartphone

Jason Vu

Lurker
May 4, 2014
Hi. I am a current tmobile user...if i get this phone(MS770)at metropcs ...all i would need to do is take the sim card out of my current blackberry and put in this alcatel smartphone right? and i should be good to go? no need for activation code? since metropcs is owned by tmobile right? thanks.

Hi. I am a current tmobile user...if i get this phone(MS770)at metropcs ...all i would need to do is take the sim card out of my current blackberry and put in this alcatel smartphone right? and i should be good to go? no need for activation code? since metropcs is owned by tmobile right? thanks.

You are also talking about two different phones. The LG MS770 is the Motion 4G. It's a CDMA phone. No, you can't just put a SIM card from a GSM phone into it, it won't work. The two Alcatel phones that Metro sells are GSM, but, as Gman said, you can't put the T-Mobile SIM into it. You'll have to get a Metro SIM.

Upvote 0
Any suggestions on a smartphone GSM phone then or one compatible with Tmobile use for around $50? non metro sim that is. Thanks again.

Metro's cheapest smartphone (that is android instead of Windows) is the LG L70, T-mobile sales it too..why not just go to T-Mobile and get a phone there?

Metro won't even unlock the phone until after 90 days of service anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones