• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a certain type of app? Post them here!

I'm hard of hearing, and use Bluetooth directly into my hearing aids. I get phone calls and media - technology is wonderful. The hearing aids adapt environmental audio to my needs, but the phone's audio is terrible, with low output below 500Hz and screeching above 2kHz. I need phone-specific audio EQ.

I found a few apps on the Market that say "Equalizer", but most are display - with bouncing indicators that are pretty but meaningless. What I need (and what other hearing-impaired might need) is a true equalizer function that interrupts the audio output and permits control of at least five and preferably more bands, up to 5 or 6kHz.

Such a thing might be out there, but if it's on the Market it doesn't have "equalizer" in it's name.

???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones