• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for an app to be an Alzheimer helper

dantx

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
I want an app that can turn a cheap android tablet into something that i can put on the wall, that shows a dial that indicates whether its day or night (i've seen it on some grandfather clocks) shows the day name, etc. if space allows show an analog clock. It's one of those requests that's simple in my head, but may be nightmarishly complex. i hope thats not the case. If this is already out there and i missed it, sorry. Thanks

I want an app that can turn a cheap android tablet into something that i can put on the wall, that shows a dial that indicates whether its day or night (i've seen it on some grandfather clocks) shows the day name, etc. if space allows show an analog clock. It's one of those requests that's simple in my head, but may be nightmarishly complex. i hope thats not the case. If this is already out there and i missed it, sorry. Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums, dantx.

There are a lot of apps out there which address the "day/night" display desires that many Android users have. My favorite is the Day Night wallpaper app, which rotates wallpapers based on time of day:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tneele.daynightlwp

Do a search in Play Store (formerly Android Market). :)

Upvote 0
I guess you missed the point. I think what dantx wants is an extremly easy to use timetable for each day. People with Alzheimer are facing with major problems in the everyday life even with the most simple tasks like: Have to make some lunch. Have to close the door. Even "need to make some food to have dinner."

What this application might can use:
Inttelligent task creation based on time and GPS location. For example: 7:00 go for shopping. Then the app creates a shopping list turns gps on and instructs the user step by step what to do exactly. (get on your shoe, pick up the umbrella(its raining.), dont forget to close the door etc...)

This is actually a very good idea. Sooner or later it will still happen but i can imagine that the the permanent supervision of these people can be delayed with this app with a few month/ 1-2 years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones