• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost my data - lost my Satnav!

Metaz

Jul 19, 2010
Portsmouth
Well recently I've had to do a system update to my phone as it completely locked itself after too many unlock attempts in my pocket and I didn't know my google account.

Basically, before my update I had a Satnav app, that I'm pretty sure i didn't download but was on my phone from stock (but I might be wrong). I think it was called Navigation, and it had an update recently that allowed it to have vocal commands, i.e. "Turn left in 100 yards" etc. It had the same blue arrow that the Google Maps Navigation had as the app icon.

It's useful to me as I'm a delivery driver and when you get near to the 'target' house it shows a picture of which house it is, it's really accurate, and has that satellite layer on it that helps out too.

I really need this app back and have been looking (both on the marketplace and on the phones memory) for it for a while to no avail.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones