• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lost phone and contacts app icons

Hello erastus58. I'm sorry you are having problems with your Ace 3. The contact app is most likely still in your app drawer. You might try simply rebooting the phone by removing the battery for a minute. Sometimes that will remedy such annoying problems. You might want to check into the discussion area for your Ace 3 as well for additional help. I hope this helps. Thanks for joining and using these forums.

Reactions: erastus58
Upvote 0
Hello erastus58. I'm sorry you are having problems with your Ace 3. The contact app is most likely still in your app drawer. You might try simply rebooting the phone by removing the battery for a minute. Sometimes that will remedy such annoying problems. You might want to check into the discussion area for your Ace 3 as well for additional help. I hope this helps. Thanks for joining and using these forums.

Hi and thanks for this, I did try this several times without any success. However I went into the 'Manage Applications' area and found that both were still showing as being on the phone, so I did a disable and enable and the icons came back to my app pages and from there i was able to relocate the shortcuts to my homepage. So all done and back in business!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones