• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LTE Turns itself back on

lotrfanatic

Lurker
Mar 17, 2011
I recently started turning off the LTE radio when I didn't need it in order to conserve battery life, but I've noticed an interesting thing. When I initially turn it off the 4G status on the notification bar drops to 1x, but Sometimes (not every time) I will check my phone minutes or hours later and find that it's back up to 4G.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and/or does anyone know of any apps that might be turning the LTE radio on or off?

I recently started turning off the LTE radio when I didn't need it in order to conserve battery life, but I've noticed an interesting thing. When I initially turn it off the 4G status on the notification bar drops to 1x, but Sometimes (not every time) I will check my phone minutes or hours later and find that it's back up to 4G.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and/or does anyone know of any apps that might be turning the LTE radio on or off?

Hi Lotrfanatic, I've seen the same behavior when I tried that function on mine. If you want to read more about it there a whole thread about it.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/283856-how-turn-off-lte.html

I hope this is helpful to you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones