• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lucid got wet

Slomoshun

Lurker
Oct 29, 2012
So I wake up after an awesome Halloween party to find my phone sitting in my trash can, which has an inch or 2 of vodka and orange juice in the bottom(not puke, spilled drink).

The phone wasn't sitting flat on the bottom, it was leaning on the side so only a small portion was submerged(over night). The phone was off.

I immediately took out the battery/sim card and put them in a bowl of rice and gel-packs and covered it with a lid. Almost all of the moisture is out but I still see a tiny bit behind the screen, not to mention a smear behind the screen that I can't get to without taking the phone apart.

I don't want to take the phone to the dealer until I lost all hope so I would like to take it apart but I really don't want to do that without seeing a video or some details on my exact phone. I found all kinds of disassemble videos for other phones, but not mine.

So my question is, does anyone have a video, or picture instructions on how to disassemble the LG Lucid or should I take it to Verizon? I really can't afford paying $300-400 on a new phone and my contract just got renewed.

Thanks in advance.

Dude just give it some hangover soup. It should be ok. Lol

Nah seriously what I would do is just loosen the screws on the side that was submerged. Only enough to let water in freely and dip that end in water carefully washing out all the orange juice residue. Let it dry and you should be back in business. I don't think I gotta say that you should remove the battery before doing this. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Well, I finally took it out of the rice and it's got no life to it. Put the battery in and plugged it into my charger and to no avail.

So, my next plan is to take it apart and clean the water spots off the back of the screen so Verizon can't tell it was water damaged.

1. Good idea or bad? It looks really hard once you get to the adhesive part.

2. Even if I get it apart, cleaned and back together again will they know that I took it apart?

3. If I don't clean the back of the screen will they know that those spots are from being dropped in water?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones