Mac OS X?Support

Last Updated:

1. clandest

clandest Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am on a macbook pro, and was wondering will I have any problems with the HTC magic sync/music/contacts on the mac os x?

Advertisement
  2. TopDog

TopDog Member

There is no included software for synchronizing with Mac OS X.

...but you can use doubleTwist to synchronize music, pictures and movies.

For contacts, I'd rather sync Address Book with Google, and the let Google sync the contacts to your phone.

3. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

If you're on Snow Leopard I believe you can do some syncing through iCal and AddressBook to Google; I've not tried this myself though. Personally I bought Spanning Sync on a lifetime licence, set it up and just ignore it (only issues I've had have been syncs failing when Spanning Sync's publishers took their servers down for maintenance). No problems once past the initial sync - do backup your addresses and calendar before syncing though (just in case).

I also use Sailing Media Sync (paid, although there is a free version) for sync of iTunes playlists and music to the phone.

4. Gibb

Gibb Member

I haven't tried this myself, but does OSX recognize the device correctly via USB?

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

It recognises phone as an 'android phone', and the memory card once it's mounted through USB using the phone 'mount card' option.