• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mail in rebate problems

SSinisterSS

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
i sent my rebate in on the 6th and on the tracking for it it says they recieved it on the 8th. only problem is it says inelligable reciept. i sent the rebate form in, and peeled the UPC label off the box and stuck it on a seperate paper. i was told that wouldnt be a problem by vzw. the barcodes didnt get messed up by peeling it off.

is there anything i could do at this point?

I never ever, ever, ever do mail-in rebates. They always tell you that you messed up and cant send you money. The whole things is a huge scam, imo.

While I'm sure some people get money back many do not. My advice? call them, call VZ, raise all hell with everyone, be persistent and polite. Get the names and extentions of everyone you talk two and write down what they say. Also make lots of copies of your bar codes and receipts.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I never ever, ever, ever do mail-in rebates. They always tell you that you messed up and cant send you money. The whole things is a huge scam, imo.

Funny you say that cuase I always, always, always do mail-in rebates and have never ever, ever, ever had problems. I guess some poeple just like saving money more then others. You have nothing to loose by at least trying, right? anways, just make sure to do it correctly and track it. You will get it back and you will smile when you do

Upvote 0
did you send in a copy of the original receipt? it sounds like that's what they're talking about by saying "ineligible receipt"

oh shit, there we go. no wonder.... i thought they just need the barcodes on that sticker and the rebate form.

is there anything i can do so i can send the reciept in so they get it before the 12th? cause it says if its incomplete then i "forefeit" the rebate.

Upvote 0
Funny you say that cuase I always, always, always do mail-in rebates and have never ever, ever, ever had problems. I guess some poeple just like saving money more then others. You have nothing to loose by at least trying, right? anways, just make sure to do it correctly and track it. You will get it back and you will smile when you do

I don't doubt that there are a certain percentage of people that never have any problems. But to be clear I mean I would never buy a product with a mail in rebate. I got my Droid online from vzw which gives the $100 instantly.

I hope you have continued success with your luck but the reality is that mirs are a scam intended to glean extra money off of people.

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me. For some reason their system has two different rebates that end and begin between the 6th and 9th, I think. The rep tried to explain it to me. Anyways she fixed it and I should have it sometime next week. So just give them a call and they should take care of it. 1-800-457-0864.

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me. For some reason their system has two different rebates that end and begin between the 6th and 9th, I think. The rep tried to explain it to me. Anyways she fixed it and I should have it sometime next week. So just give them a call and they should take care of it. 1-800-457-0864.

thanks for the hope, im hoping they let me mail the reciept in seperate so this can be straightened out.

Upvote 0
I don't doubt that there are a certain percentage of people that never have any problems. But to be clear I mean I would never buy a product with a mail in rebate. I got my Droid online from vzw which gives the $100 instantly.

I hope you have continued success with your luck but the reality is that mirs are a scam intended to glean extra money off of people.

Well that works i guess. There not a scam though, sure a lot of people are to incompetent to follow though but if the purchaser is capable of following through then it is worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones