• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Major problem

deco

Lurker
Mar 30, 2011
Hi.. An update for my samsung galaxy apollo from android 2.1 to 2.2 became available through samsung kies last night so i decided to upgrade just before i went to bed.. It was taking ages so i just went to sleep and when i woke up it was still going after like 8 hours.. so i assumed it crashed i disconnected it and then it just got stuck in the boot screen. I downloaded 2.1 from samfirmware and flashed the firmware and everything seemed fine it booted into the phone. Problem is i think i flashed the wrong device firmware because the three buttons on the phone don't work. The touch screen isn't very responsive either.

Now my problem is i can't boot in recovery or download mode because the 3 keys won't work and a i can't root the phone because i can't get the touch screen to work properly.. If i do manage to get into settings the phone just crashes. Is there any way to get into recovery mode without having to press any three buttons or any way out of this? Would appreciate any suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones