• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Manage Contacts/Labels

cmus

Dec 29, 2020
BD20 7TA
I run two Android 10 phones. One is my main personal mobile which uses all the contacts from my Google account - those with and without phone numbers, and email addresses.

My second phone is to be used as my home phone. I have created a Label in the Google app Contacts, named "Home Phone" and tagged all those contacts (with phone nos) who i would wish to ring from this phone. At the moment, on the home phone, when I select the phone icon - contacts - it shows ALL the people in the global list as in my personal phone.

All I wish to see is those who are tagged with label "Home Phone".

How can I achieve that?

I run two Android 10 phones. One is my main personal mobile which uses all the contacts from my Google account - those with and without phone numbers, and email addresses.

My second phone is to be used as my home phone. I have created a Label in the Google app Contacts, named "Home Phone" and tagged all those contacts (with phone nos) who i would wish to ring from this phone. At the moment, on the home phone, when I select the phone icon - contacts - it shows ALL the people in the global list as in my personal phone.

All I wish to see is those who are tagged with label "Home Phone".

How can I achieve that?
Depending on your phone and app used to manage contacts, under settings there should be a setup to determine which contacts you want to display.

My Redmi uses Google Contacts to manage them and it is easy to setup what you want to accomplish. My Samsung uses it's own app and it is a little trickier but doable: Contacts app>Settings>Contacts>Create custom list>select your Google account and tap the down arrow and it will let you select which groups you want to display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones