• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marshmallow update come on

Robert7107

Android Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2011
cameron park ca
I'm getting pretty fed up with not receiving my update yet I know they released it on the 5th of October where you can flash the factory image but some of us don't feel that comfortable doing that or we don't have the means to do that.. one of many reasons why I got a Nexus device was because I wanted my update fast the other reason being pure Android if I was running the show carriers wouldn't have anything to do with it Google would send out the OTA screw this factory image BS . The Nexus 5 6 9 and 7 would all be running marshmallow right now they would all have the updates a week ago but that's just me thanks for letting me vent here

I couldn't agree more.. I switched to nexus for those two main reasons as well. Over 3 weeks now and still waiting, yet I'm seeing that LGG4 IS already anticipating the update... Wth already.. Thought going with nexus meant timely updates... I mean should I just go back to samsung root my device and remove the bloat ware and just flash /side load

Reactions: Jiya Meheta
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones