• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media connection S.O.S ... please help

I hope that somebody can give me some feedback or let me know exactly what I need to fix my problem ...I am at my wits end with the vendetta of watching my extensive collection of awesome movies that I have downloaded to my phone over the years.
Is there a special connection adapter I need to connect to my phone, or ours my phone a non-MHL enabled device?
I know nothing about USB connector pins on my phone or about its hard ware and "rooting" my phone.
It is a "Coolpad Quattro" 4G android from Metro PCS.
Right now I am obsessing about getting my movie downloads to be watched on my 42" Samsung HDTV. I bought a ' Pipe Line ' MHL+HDMI adaptor cable for$40 at Radio Shack that will NOT do anything at all when connected ( and yes, I know to connect the adaptor to power plug). I tied using both of the HDMI jacks on my television and with both, my tv screen said " no signal detected"
My android phone is probably the route of my problems. although my phone has had some poor reviews, I actually love everything that is has done for me and my technical needs, it even serves as a remote control for my Socche blue tooth cd/ radio deck in my truck. This inability to connect to my HDTV is my only problem ( aside from the missing ability to install Media Flash Player on it aswell)
Anybody that can help me with this matter or point me in the right direction to the adaptor cable that my phone requires will truly be a real hero to me with all of my appreciation and due respect.
I look forward to hearing from somebody ( is anybody else out there familiar with the Coolpad at all? * my fingers are crossed*

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones