• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kieron121

Lurker
Jul 15, 2013
Hi guys, so i'm having an issue accessing my downloaded media on my device through the gallery app. i'll try to be thorough.

I sometimes download videos and clips via utorrent, and then stream them to my xbox. lately this function has not been working as the videos do not show up in my galley, or videos app gallery for me to then enable the screen mirroring function.

I have to go to the application "my files" then browse through the device storage and go to downloads to see my files, which would play fine on the phone, but would not allow me to mirror it to my xbox, and they still won't show up in my gallery or standard video app.

I went through other forums and threads that suggest my device hasn't done a media scan and that i should reboot the device or download 3rd party apps that can do this. I have done both, and every time i try to run an app that can do a media scan, it would always stop unexpectedly giving me the message !
"Unfortunately, .......... has stopped" this happens with all applications with this function that i try.

I have done a factory reset and the problem still persist.

has anyone got a fix for me? it's so annoying!

Did all those things now and neither worked. Still my videos will not show up in galler or stock video app. Quick pic works nice as a picture gallery but no videos showing up either.

After removing the data i re downloaded those other media apps and it's saying the same things, "unfortunately Rescan Meida has stopped" or anything other app that has a similar function.

I am ripping out what little hair i have left! the device isn't corrupt as the video still plays when i locate through the my files app.

HELP!

Upvote 0
the stock video app i was referring to is the app just titled 'video' with the purpler play button.
i went to where the video is stored, and did indeed find a file called .nomedia and removed it, and then there it was in my gallery! why is that file showing up in all my media folders??? that wasn't there before?

thanks for the fix, but do you know how they get there in the 1st place?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones