• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

media volume problems

clockwork80

Lurker
Sep 17, 2012
I've looked all around online and haven't come across anyone else mentioning this problem. But my LG Optimus Elite will automatically lower its volume whenever I listen to music through headphones, speakers, car radio, etc. I've already tried wiping the phone, exchanging the phone, installed/uninstalled different equalizer apps, task killer apps, etc. I always get the same problem.

The problems happens anywhere from pretty much as soon as I play a song to happening after sever minutes. And this happens regardless of whatever music app or audio cable I use. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thisis a built-in sound setting for headphones - Normal or Discreet. If I'm right, the Discreet setting will automatically lower the volume, whereas Normal will not. Where that option is located, well, I'm unable to find it at the moment, but I know it's there. It may be located within the media player app(s) you have installed themselves, or a system setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones