• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MediaScannerService running at 96% battery usage on Jelly Bean

I got my upgrade onto Jelly Bean this morning, and noticed an hour ago that my batter was lower than usual.

Checking the battery stats pointed at something called "Media", so I checked in BetterBatteryStats and that told me that the MediaScannerService had had partial wakelocks for 96% of the awake time of the phone.

I restarted the phone, but this service immediately started chewing through the battery again.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

I had something similar on my old Droid. Basically, the phone kept re-scanning the SD card contents for media. I wish I could tell you what I did to make it stop. If I recall, it was a corrupted file that kept causing problems on the scan. If you've added any media files lately maybe see if one of them is causing a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones