[Merit] serious help needed to root merit

1. frog5863

frog5863 New Member

I need serious help rooting my merit i do not have access to a pc and i keep reading that it cam be done but everything i read is very confusing could someone please explain how to do this in the simplest of terms i love this phone but i cant use it to its full potential please help me

Advertisement
  2. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

Hi.

here we go.

download this DeodexedMeritRoot.zip . It is the same as what you have now, but it is rooted and deodexed(cleaned up some unneeded files).

Rename it to "update.zip"
    make sure its on your sdcard, then turn your phone off. Hold the volume up button, the menu button and then press the power button while holding those down.

This will boot you into recovery mode. ( you can move around with vol up and down and pik with the home button. Select "wipe user data" and it will install this rooted version. when it is done installing reboot, it will take a couple minutes, but will load and you will be rooted.

so to summarize, download that, rename it, put on sdcard. Boot into recovery, wipe data and let install.

Easy as it can get no pc needed.

EDIT-BAckup any contacts, sms etc you need. You will lose data.
  3. Txradlsnake

Txradlsnake New Member

how do you put it on your sd card?
  4. stayboogy

stayboogy Well-Known Member

5. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

download onto your computer, then plug your phone in with the USB cord, select turn on USB storage in the popup.

its not trying to do anything, its an installable zip that works fine. the system recovery takes care of all the work.

it just tidys up the apps. and roots it.