message strings on legendSupport

Last Updated:

1. diamondo12

diamondo12 New Member This Topic's Starter

this is my second android device, i had the hero and now i have the legend, and i am having a small problem with it,
    every time i open a string of messages i have to scroll down to the bottom to view a the massage i have just recieved which considering that i have some strings containing over 1000 messages this can be quite annoying.
    i though it must be software as it bagan just before the first over the air update for 2.2...

but the problem still exists, i lost my temper with it and ran a master reset and the it is still there.
    can someone help me???
    how do i fix it, and it could be a very amateur fix i know but im lost for ideas

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D

Post moved to Legend forum.

3. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

Have you tried Handcent SMS? It's excellent and (I believe - I'm not touching this update) unaffected by the reverse message bug.

(P.S. - I just posted this exact same text in another thread - I don't work for Handcent SMS - just trying to help!)

4. easyyards

easyyards Member

Hi Diamondo12,

I have had exactly the same thing happen on my unlocked Legend, except mine started after the recent over the air update. Your right about how annoying it is. Would love to know how to fix it. Have resorted to locking the important message in my longer threads and deleting the remainder.

5. comradestripe

comradestripe Member

Handcent worked for me too; I prefer the default message interface and took a while to get used to Handcent's style, but am happy enough with it - and certainly happier than I was with the default one since the update. I would recommend it - but make sure you change your notification settings for the default one or you will be told that you have a message twice! As far as I am aware, the default one also receives the messages, so you won't have lost any or they won't just to stored to Handcent if another update rectifies the problem.

6. Jacev1

Jacev1 New Member

I'm also experiencing the same problem.. it's kinda ridiculous. Handcent is quite convenient to use, I might end up resorting to that if the default Messages function problem continues to persist..

7. Loquacity

Loquacity New Member

Yep, I have this issue too. Any resolution yet?

L