• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][UNOFFICIAL]AOKP 4.2.2 Built from source

I didn't intend to ignore your first post, I just got sidetracked lol. Yeah I'll very likely be taking you up on that particular offer.

Its all good man. I setup a a vendor repo for d2mtr and modified all the scripts so its not dependant on d2-common. Used to build cm10 and it works great. We can plug that into the manifest. It pulls all the prop files too.

Upvote 0
why on earth would you do that?

Being that I am only building for this device, I can have a much cleaner working tree if I don't have a bunch of needless crap in it. Why would I want my make files and scripts calling scripts and make files in another directory? Not to mention that those scripts drop all the blobs in vendor/samsung/d2-common...to much middle man crap. I like point A to point B. CM does this to shrink the code base because the devices have a lot in "common", which makes sense if you are building for multiple devices, but i am not.

Upvote 0
So ive ran into a bug that i cant seem to find a solution for.. I believe i seen someone post the same issue, yet got no answer.. So I'm trying my luck;)

Simple yet super annoying... After long periods of use without rebooting I've find myself pressing the home button and instead the multi tasking pops up as if i was long pressing it... And once ive BACKED out to the home screen after 15 apps lolz, i encounter yet another issue.... When pressing the menu key i go straight into Google search..? Weird much. I have Nova launcher free installed so no gestures are recorded.. Idk what the deal is. A REBOOT seems to fix it though.

Upvote 0
So ive ran into a bug that i cant seem to find a solution for.. I believe i seen someone post the same issue, yet got no answer.. So I'm trying my luck;)

Simple yet super annoying... After long periods of use without rebooting I've find myself pressing the home button and instead the multi tasking pops up as if i was long pressing it... And once ive BACKED out to the home screen after 15 apps lolz, i encounter yet another issue.... When pressing the menu key i go straight into Google search..? Weird much. I have Nova launcher free installed so no gestures are recorded.. Idk what the deal is. A REBOOT seems to fix it though.

That happens on aosp/aokp also, so im assuming it's a 4.2 bug just like the 0 folder issue.

Upvote 0
Everything was perfect until this morning , when I left the house and turned WiFi off I was on 3g / 1x. :( what could be messing with the 4g??

I was afraid of this... after my issues with it, I restored my old ROM and haven't flashed back to this one again - yet.... I was hoping that it was just a fluke with my phone and not the ROM itself... and with all the glowing reports here, and myself being the only one to have that problem, had assumed so.

Until now. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I was afraid of this... after my issues with it, I restored my old ROM and haven't flashed back to this one again - yet.... I was hoping that it was just a fluke with my phone and not the ROM itself... and with all the glowing reports here, and myself being the only one to have that problem, had assumed so.

Until now. :thinking:

It sucks cuz 3G is sooooo slow and I love this rom . Guess I have to switch to something else :/

Upvote 0
It sucks cuz 3G is sooooo slow and I love this rom . Guess I have to switch to something else :/

It really IS a smooth ROM and runs great... I like it too.
Have you tried going into network settings and switching back-and-forth yet? I did, and it finally went back to 4G. (although it acted like it had a mind of it's own, and went from 3G to 4G and back at random times when it felt like it. lol And sometimes it would just stay on 3G regardless of what I did. :thinking:)

If you really like the ROM, it's only a minor inconvenience to switch manually (provided it WILL allow you to switch to 4G)... until a fix is found. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah. I got same issue with baked. What is with the 0 folder anyway. Just curious.

its for multiuser support (which is disabled on phones) that was brought in 4.2, its so each user could have their own "sdcard". if you flash a 4.2 rom and stay on it youd never know the difference since it reports the "correct" location when teh device is booted. the only time you have issues with it is when you revert back.

since when google made this feature they didnt intend for people to revert so it was a nonissue

Reactions: mike28 and Pappy62
Upvote 0
It really IS a smooth ROM and runs great... I like it too.
Have you tried going into network settings and switching back-and-forth yet? I did, and it finally went back to 4G. (although it acted like it had a mind of it's own, and went from 3G to 4G and back at random times when it felt like it. lol And sometimes it would just stay on 3G regardless of what I did. :thinking:)

If you really like the ROM, it's only a minor inconvenience to switch manually (provided it WILL allow you to switch to 4G)... until a fix is found. ;)

How are you switching manually?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones