• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [DEV] [WIP] AOSP Rom Build

pressy4pie

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
/media/connor
Ok, yall havent got much love for this little phone but ive got something coming together. I am not really sure why i am releasing this because as far as i can tell it is completely useless for the most part. But lets see if any of you guys can get me ideas on stuff that is or is not working.

This is absolutely not a "how to build" guide. If you can't figure out how to build the source tree, or don't have the ability to build it or wtfe don't bother. I expect you to be able to follow basic instructions to get this building and going.

First of all here is my special sauce:
Kernel Tree
Device Tree

ok so there's that. Also you are going to need a system dump. Doesn't matter which one i don't think. Mine was 12b If i remember correctly. If you are tying to build my sources, you are going to have to do a couple things before it will complete. First, you need to go into <croot>/hardware/qcom/media-caf and add msm8930 to the filter. then your going to want to get a prebuilt kernel and drop it into the device tree <croot>/device/lge/f6mt/kernel

after you have that all set up, go ahead and lunch f6mt. Then since our device doesnt have appropriate headers, build hwcomposer separately.

after all that you can finally brunch f6mt and it /should/ spit out a zip in whatever rom your using. im in Carbon right now, so you might have to change carbon.mk to cm.mk and change the carbon stuffs to cm. I don't know why i chose carbon first rather than cm im sorry i just had the tree already synced and i didnt want to sync cm because i have extremely slow internet.

Go ahead and flash that however you want. Im using stock partition layout, but i guess it would work with my sdcard hack thing if you went and changed some dirs in the root dir.

ok im done rambling i guess. for those of you who didnt quite catch that, ill have a testing zip up on my site once this build finishes.

Hop onto irc if you think you can help me out.

Upvote 0
Easy to brick I Take it

its not too bad if you have a recovery, but if its your daily driver your going to want to keep as much as you can on the SD card because if you boot to recovery by using power and volume down it factory resets, which is a pain in the ass because the factory reset is started by aboot, then completed during init of android, or stock recovery.

so to give an example, if you make a kernel that doesnt boot, you use keys to boot to recovery, then flash a working kernel and you have to reboot before you can do any more work. its time consuming.

Upvote 0
Ok, yall havent got much love for this little phone but ive got something coming together. I am not really sure why i am releasing this because as far as i can tell it is completely useless for the most part. But lets see if any of you guys can get me ideas on stuff that is or is not working.

This is absolutely not a "how to build" guide. If you can't figure out how to build the source tree, or don't have the ability to build it or wtfe don't bother. I expect you to be able to follow basic instructions to get this building and going.

First of all here is my special sauce:
Kernel Tree
Device Tree

ok so there's that. Also you are going to need a system dump. Doesn't matter which one i don't think. Mine was 12b If i remember correctly. If you are tying to build my sources, you are going to have to do a couple things before it will complete. First, you need to go into <croot>/hardware/qcom/media-caf and add msm8930 to the filter. then your going to want to get a prebuilt kernel and drop it into the device tree <croot>/device/lge/f6mt/kernel

after you have that all set up, go ahead and lunch f6mt. Then since our device doesnt have appropriate headers, build hwcomposer separately.

after all that you can finally brunch f6mt and it /should/ spit out a zip in whatever rom your using. im in Carbon right now, so you might have to change carbon.mk to cm.mk and change the carbon stuffs to cm. I don't know why i chose carbon first rather than cm im sorry i just had the tree already synced and i didnt want to sync cm because i have extremely slow internet.

Go ahead and flash that however you want. Im using stock partition layout, but i guess it would work with my sdcard hack thing if you went and changed some dirs in the root dir.

ok im done rambling i guess. for those of you who didnt quite catch that, ill have a testing zip up on my site once this build finishes.

Hop onto irc if you think you can help me out.
Hey I just joined android fourms (I used xda) I have been attempting to build for my f6 but ive been hitting errors and fixing them as I go I have been using your recovery I hopefully will have a working build soon
and how do you build hwcomposer seperatly

Upvote 0
okay guys, iam working on the tree, as you know i just got my f6.
i need some help with identifying hardware on this phone..

such as,, what wlan chip,, i think its qcom ?
bluetooth.. i think bcm4330

any help would be appreciated

iam working on a libsensors source right now and kit kat

Hey just use my attached boardconfig and systemprop and rename them to .mk
ive been working on a port and i have no clue how to edit libsensors are you porting cm11

Attachments

• BoardConfig.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 170
  • systemprop.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Sai Vivek Reddy
Upvote 0
Hey I've been working on this for a couple weeks I'm hitting a error at the end (getting help on xda) and I'm uploading my work so far on github I just found pressy4pie github a say or 2 ago and I fixed a couple things and when I fix this hopefully last error I'm wondering if I got anybody to test for me because if I brick my phone I can't get a new one (I'm 13)
My github is http://github.com/codingninja62001/android_device_f6mt

If I don't get it done in a few weeks it will take a lot longer (going to 8th grade)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones