MMS Contacts Problem

Last Updated:

1. smilesandwaves

smilesandwaves Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems that when I create a new text message and try to start typing a contact name, not all of my contacts appear... It seems random. I have tried restarting but say I have a Peter and Paul in my phone, if I type a P it might only show me Paul and not peter...

Usually, is the same names that never show up they never appear or disappear.

(btw, I'm not rooted and I have done nothing nefarious with my phone that may cause this.)

Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

-SmIlEs

Advertisement
  2. mrioglno

mrioglno New Member

make sure your contact (peter) is listed as a mobile number.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Lol. You beat me to it. I bet that is the problem. I mean why would a name appear for sms that is not a moble number by listing.

4. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Well-Known Member

awww... shit... i have a lot of retyping to do.... geez... thats what it was

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Or you could just dump that lame stock messaging app for a real one. :p I tired handcent and liked it, but it started force closing on me. :( I am currently using chompSMS and LOVE it!!! Possibly as feature-rich as handcent, maybe moreso, and no FCs.

chompSMS will recognize every name in your Contacts list. I have several Contacts with more than one cell, so I have them listed as "iPhone", or "RAZR" instead of "mobile". chompSMS doesn't care. :) Or, just tap the little + sign in chompSMS next to the name field and the app lets you scroll through your Contacts list ... nice.

6. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Well-Known Member

chomp, huh? will try... if i like it, i will recomend it to all my android using friends