• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Contacts Problem

Jan 5, 2010
Seems that when I create a new text message and try to start typing a contact name, not all of my contacts appear... It seems random. I have tried restarting but say I have a Peter and Paul in my phone, if I type a P it might only show me Paul and not peter...

Usually, is the same names that never show up they never appear or disappear.

(btw, I'm not rooted and I have done nothing nefarious with my phone that may cause this.)

Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

-SmIlEs

Or you could just dump that lame stock messaging app for a real one. :p I tired handcent and liked it, but it started force closing on me. :( I am currently using chompSMS and LOVE it!!! Possibly as feature-rich as handcent, maybe moreso, and no FCs.

chompSMS will recognize every name in your Contacts list. I have several Contacts with more than one cell, so I have them listed as "iPhone", or "RAZR" instead of "mobile". chompSMS doesn't care. :) Or, just tap the little + sign in chompSMS next to the name field and the app lets you scroll through your Contacts list ... nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones