• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network Not Available??

mt-dew

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
Hi all, I've had my S2 with At&t for almost 2 years and its been a really good phone. Lately I've had some charging problems and it would tell me i was hooked up to usb when i wasn't and it drained the battery really bad. I bought a new USB charge port and installed it last week and that seemed to take care of that issue very well.

Then two days later out of the blue while at home I could not connect with any mobile network. When I drove a few miles from my home it would connect and I could make calls and text but as soon as I went back I again got the dreaded circle with a line through it symbol and the Mobile Network Not Available again.

Everything else works fine, I can hook up to my wireless and surf the net and the phone feels fine except I cannot use it as a phone. Strange thing is all the other phones I have in my family still work just fine at my home so I know it's a single phone issue.

My phone info is:

Model Number SGH-I777
Android Version 2.3.6
Baseband Version I777UCKK6
Kernal Version 2.6.35.7
Build Number GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

I've never rooted the phone or done anything to it at all except replace the charge port just recently. It worked just fine for two days after the replacement.

Flight Mode is disabled.

It's as if suddenly its ability to receive a signal has weakened badly and i have to be closer to a tower for it to work. Does that make sense at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need this phone to last another 5 months or so. Oh I've taken my sim card out of the phone and put it in an older LG model we have and it works fine in there.

:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones