mod google play help

1. hi, just rooted my phone, thanks to this great site, anyway i downloaded a modded google play store but want to go get rid, how do i do that?
    also how do you use cwm and superSU and STweaks that came when i rooted?
    using galaxy s2

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

What type of modded play store do you have? Just a slightly modded (themed), hacked (reverted to older version, disable play store from updating)?

Cwm comes in when your interested in flashing roms, through cwm you can make backups of your current rom which is an exact snap shot of your current phone. You can restore that backup in case something happens you don't like. The restore will put your phone to how it was when you backed it up.

Superuser is an app mainly for the apps that requires root access (any time an app asks for root access, make sure you trust that app before granting)
    lfcpaul and Mikestony like this.
  3. something like no licence by celprus (not sure deleted it out of my downloads by accident so cant say exacrly what it is)(it says 3.9. when i go to settings in play store if that helps)

thanks i made a backup on cwm (i think)
    oh and if i make a backup again will itnoverite the previous one
  4. DragonSlayer95

You'll need to flash a rom, wiping or loading on the newer market won't over write it since it's meant to not be updated.

No, that backup will stay there until you manually delete it.
  5. flash a rom? how do i do than and what dpes it mean. sorry first time iv ever tried this stuff
    or could i just use my backup (will that then put everything exactly how it was when i made backup)
  6. DragonSlayer95

In other words, that would he installing a custom operating android system.

Just as an example, if my Galaxy S3 was running stock 4.1.1, I could find a custom rom, install and I would he then running 4.2.2

You would need to find a custom rom you'd want to flash first.

Do you have a custom recovery yet?
  7. if by custom recovery you mean did i backup my phone when i first rooted then yes.
    if not im confused lol
  8. DragonSlayer95

Lol clockwordmod or TWRP?
  9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

With the gs2 the recovery and kernel are on the same partition. So since you rooted you have a custom recovery. If you made that backup before installing the modded play store restore that. Before you restore your nandroid backup with recovery, did you backup your apps with titanium backup or a similar app. If you did just restore the play store with that and it'll overwrite the modded version.
  10. the only backup i made was using cwm so should i just recover that ?
  11. Shotgun84

Yeah restoring the backup with cwm will do the trick.
    lfcpaul likes this.
  12. ok thanks a lot, i dont have an sdcard. does that matter at all when doing this(i have internal sd)
  13. Shotgun84

You'll be able to restore from the internal sd.
    lfcpaul likes this.
  14. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

There are some, "suggested", STweak settings in post #2 of the Siyah kernel - Dummies Guide.

If you look at my signature, there are a number of links to, "Dummies Guides", that may help you in future.

Above all else, remember the ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure" ;)