• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto e root problem: stuck on warning screen

It's unlocked. Thanks guys. I have to admit, I'm a bit wary of rooting after this experience but I'll give it a go with your guidance. I had thought that this video was the best way forward but it's not user friendly enough, I feel. If you watch the vid, you'll see that, after rooting, action needs to be taken to remove the 'bootloader unlocked' warning and to fix the camera. I have to go out now, see you later.
http://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-root-the-moto-e-2015-and-unlock-the-bootloader-xda-tv/

Upvote 0
Videos are great but often lead to trouble.
I prefer the old fashioned read, read, read.
You get to see problems others have had and solutions to work through them.

I'll go ahead and second that. Videos cause people to rush through the process without a thorough understanding of what exactly they are doing.
Glad you got it fixed!

Upvote 0
Hello again and thanks for that link, Jfalls63 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...-2015-root-t3046933/post66610681#post66610681). The recommended TWRP in that thread is the one by 'squid2' so that's the one I downloaded:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/development/twrp-squid-twrp-recovery-moto-e-lte-t3137649
The flashing of it took no time at all. The first TWRP I installed had a blue theme. This one's green. Quite nice, actually. But let's not dwell on appearances – the next thing is TO ROOT. I don't fancy doing it tonight, I've had enough for one day, to be honest. Having got through the link mentioned above, it seems that my next step is simply this:
http://androiding.how/root-moto-g-2014-marshmallow/
If you disagree, please tell me! The tutorial is reassuringly short. It doesn't mention anything about removing the 'warning bootloader unlocked' message so that may be a bridge to cross. The camera also – I've read that it breaks and needs to be fixed, I've read that it's fine, so who knows what'll happen...

Just to be sure – Android 6.0 is the same as Android Marshmallow, yes?

Upvote 0
Yes, 6.0 is marshmallow.
Just finished reading the XDA thread from post #176 till the end and seems that everyone is having success by flashing the two versions of SuperSU in the last link you posted above.
Do make a stock backup first.
Your model is supposed to support up to a 32gb micro SD card and I would highly recommend you getting a quality one. Good to have your backups stored there as well as copying to a folder on your PC.

The camera issue may have been a 5.x problem and didn't find anything regarding it with 6.0
Post #2 has a logo fix for the unlocked bootloader warning.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/general/guide-unlock-bootloader-moto-e-2015-t3045748
You might can look around and find something custom in a zip file that you can flash in TWRP recovery.

What is your ultimate goal of rooting, custom ROM, Xposed, or something else?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
There we go - a rooted and working phone. All of you here have my sincere thanks although a special mention is due to Jfalls63. I'm bowled over by the amount of time you've spent on me, a complete stranger to you. Thank you, sir.

I remember reading that rooting could give better battery life (an app called greenify) which is one reason I wanted to do it. Mainly, though, I quite like tinkering with stuff. At the moment, I have no idea what a custom ROM might do for me nor what Xposed is but I'll be researching those things soon.

One more question - can I safely disconnect 'USB debugging' (so as to remove the icon from top right of screen)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Happy to help and glad you got it sorted. As in your case, I learned something along the way so it was a win win situation.
You can turn off USB debugging in Developer Options if you want. I keep it turned on on my devices just in case something happens and need to use ADB.
Never seen the icon stay in the drop down menu after the USB cable had been removed though.
A lot of things you can do with Android to personalize it and make it yours.
Happy Flashing.

Upvote 0
Hi all

Identical phone here but just need confirmation on something.

Read all the xda posts and of course this one and curently have the stock marshmallow with squid twrp and using the dual supersu workaround.

But to get to this point I have had many installs and reinstalls of differant twrps and supersu.

Sorry for blabbing.

What I am asking is this.

I have downloaded the correct - XT1524_SURNIA_VFEU_6.0_MPI24.65-39_cid7_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

But I don't understand which files from it that I need to flash using fastboot.

Very grateful for any help.

Phone stuck on loop "handstiched screen"

Upvote 0
Thanks for fast reply.

Honestly, I started at the end of the tread and worked back to page 2. So sorry for that.

Could you please suggest to me which of the listed commands are safe to use or even which ones might be relevant to the issue.

For example, I am not even sure what I am trying to repair here but I am quite sure that whatever pooksahib used, should solve my issue.

Thx man

Upvote 0
Basically he did a complete flash back to stock.
Once successful, he then went through the root process again.
I highly recommend making a stock backup as soon as you boot into TWRP and before flashing the SuperSu update zip files.
If you get stuck in a Bootloop again, you can restore the stock backup and start over instead of flashing stock firmware in fastboot.

Remember, the first boot after flashing can take a while, up to 10min to get itself sorted.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones