• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Cliq Wifi issue

key_rookie

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
Wats poppin?

I just unlocked a motorola cliq from T-mobile carrier by purchasing the unlock code.

I notice the wifi is not picking up any Access Point. I have the wifi turned on however I see no wifi icon in the taskbar.

Have anyone gotten this issue before and resolved it if not, can someone point me into the direction on debugging the issue with your integrate wifi device on the andriod. I'm a linux user and believe I can debug the issue if I have some slight tutorial on andriod device debugging.

I realized today that my bluetooth antenna and my wifi antenna are the same. Its the same as with my Dell XPS M1530 when I turned off my wifi the bluetooth came off and turning it on back turned on back my bluetooth.

I also read on another forum that its has something to do with a country code value
:thinking:. The user was able to obtain I guess the boot logs and notice the wifi disable itself allowing no usage.

I'm currently setting up a development environment for andriod on my computer and will be debugging the issue myself.

I'll have to root my phone to debug this issue ...so till then

Currently I don't have any USB cable for my motorola cliq so no development for the time being. I shall barrow a cable and start development this weekend.

Thanks in advance
key_rookie

"Holly $h#7 he replied to his posted"

LOL ....wateva the point is finally i'm getting somewhere ...alot have happened since i posted my last message.

I've been reading on assembly and liferay ....cousin came in form germany so went out and got twisted meet some couple chicks ....some of them that told me i'm their vanity... :D.....yea that's enough for my life log ....anywayz here is some references on how i came to these results:

References:

Professional Android Application Development by Reto Meier
Hak5 Episodes: 711 and 717 by Jason Appelbaum

A mixture of Jason's demonstrations and some reading basically gave me this results from eclipse:

LogCat:
Code:
wpa_supplicant            State: INACTIVE -> SCANNING, ap_scan=1 disconnect=0
wpa_supplicant            CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=1 state=2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones