motorola droid internal sd Storage Issues

Last Updated:

1. decemberblues

decemberblues Member This Topic's Starter

I am close to reaching my limit on my internal storage; rumor has it that google android system does not support download/transfer of apps to the SD card[​IMG] (if this is true it defeats the purpose; I think). Is anyone able to confirm this and if it's not true how I do it? Because my phone has become extremely sluggish and yes I can uninstall some of the apps but I feel like it defeats the purpose of being able to download additional apps if there's a limit due to internal storage. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I currently have 140 apps installed and over 100MB remaining. Just how many apps do you installed? And you can't tell me that you use them all. I ain't buying it!

Having said that, read THIS ARTICLE for some good news. Now you just need to find some patience. ;)

3. decemberblues

decemberblues Member This Topic's Starter

I know I dont have that much apps installed...are these going to your internal memory? because I pulled up my internal memory and it said I have 163mb left for internal mem and pretty much all of my 15gb sd card. what could be causing the problem?

4. johnwg49

johnwg49 New Member

I was using the Dolphin browser and although it was stored on the SD card, temporary files were being stored on my internal phone memory. I deleted the browser, installed it and this time had the temp files stored to the sd card. I was able to free up over 160 mb. this way. That's a lot for a 256 internal phone storage capability.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

This issue was fixed with Froyo, Android 2.2. And this thread is originally from back in January 2010, why revive it?

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Old threads are revived when a new member thinks to use the search feature here at AF. A too rare occurrence. Good for them. ;)