• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

motorola droid internal sd Storage Issues

I am close to reaching my limit on my internal storage; rumor has it that google android system does not support download/transfer of apps to the SD card (if this is true it defeats the purpose; I think). Is anyone able to confirm this and if it's not true how I do it? Because my phone has become extremely sluggish and yes I can uninstall some of the apps but I feel like it defeats the purpose of being able to download additional apps if there's a limit due to internal storage. Thanks in advance.

I am close to reaching my limit on my internal storage; rumor has it that google android system does not support download/transfer of apps to the SD card (if this is true it defeats the purpose; I think). Is anyone able to confirm this and if it's not true how I do it? Because my phone has become extremely sluggish and yes I can uninstall some of the apps but I feel like it defeats the purpose of being able to download additional apps if there's a limit due to internal storage. Thanks in advance.

I was using the Dolphin browser and although it was stored on the SD card, temporary files were being stored on my internal phone memory. I deleted the browser, installed it and this time had the temp files stored to the sd card. I was able to free up over 160 mb. this way. That's a lot for a 256 internal phone storage capability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones