MotoTorch LED 2.0 released - FREE FOR 3 DAYS

Last Updated:

1. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think I will do that.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I asked this on the MOTO forum thread, in - but are you perchance planning on implementing the widget so it can control all three modes (on, strobe, and Morse)?

Also, I like the idea of a donation version - definitely worth a buck.
  3. eclipsed4utoo

I hadn't really thought of having the widget handle the three modes.
  4. andrewrodney

andrewrodney Well-Known Member

If we could get the Morse Code field to remain sticky (and Strobe duration), I
  5. eclipsed4utoo

6. eclipsed4utoo

I have added a Donation version to the Market.
  7. andrewrodney

Enter a value, it remains there upon next use.
  8. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member mean storing the value? That should be easy enough.
  9. andrewrodney

Yes, storing the values.
  10. johnlgalt

Lol - I'd set it for strobe for 10 seconds, and Morse would be set to send out SOS signals....
  11. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

I bought the lite version, I love the updates.

I especially like that the widget adds the flame when the light is on.

Just wanted to add my opinion: I like the widget as it is, the most important thing is that it's LITE. While I think the new features are cool, I'll open the app when I need to use them.

Great app.
  12. drpull

drpull Member

Great updates to an already great app!
  13. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

works great.
  14. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Downloaded the free one, and I'll donate. Excellent little app. Thanks!
  15. brandoshido

brandoshido Well-Known Member

thanks. I appreciate your efforts, if i had money to spare, i would donate.
  16. koticphreak

koticphreak Well-Known Member

awesome, thanks!!!
  17. johnlgalt

I suppose the best to ask for then would be for a 'simple' widget or a more 'robust' widget that would allow the user to choose which mode to use (and optionally, allow the user to set a default mode - for example, a short click on the widget runs the default mode, while a longer click would allow the user to pick which mode to use)....
  18. darth_cholo

darth_cholo Active Member

when comparing to the BB Tour (my gf's) LED the mototorch seemed alot dimmer. if you could get the full brightness that would be awsome! i'm a little bit of a LED flashlight nerd so i'm pissed hers is brighter than mine.

PS: i donated.
  19. Darth_Penguin

Darth_Penguin Well-Known Member

Never enough Darth's in the world.

Great app! Will be donating, thanks!
  20. eclipsed4utoo

Just wanting to say thanks to all those who have donated.
  21. eclipsed4utoo

Just to confirm, this is at the top of the list. It has been the main complaint.
  22. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Its awesome, thanks a bunch!

Reps sent.
  23. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

It appears that you now have it set up so that when the light is turned on (using the widget), the screen set to max brightness, any reason for this?

I know there were some complaints from people with the screen going dark (because of having to unlock the phone to get it back on), but why not set it to min brightness? Or auto? Or no adjustment?

When the light is on, the dimmer the screen, the better.
  24. jedidove

jedidove Member

Oddly enough I've been looking for a good LED app and I waited until today to pick one up, I go onto the marketplace and lo and behold! Great app! I know this may be a little out of the functionality of this app per say, but could you add (or recommend me to another app) the ability to input the morse code from the camera? i.e. if someone else has a phone that flashes in morse code (or some other device) you could aim your camera at it and read it.
  25. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

Speaking of screen brightness--since you've figured out how to turn the LEDs on and off, do you see a way to control their brightness in smaller steps?

For example, the current lowest screen brighness is still way too bright when using GM Navigation after sunset... Google should implement the night mode, with a dark screen and lighter features.