Move to SD card always grayed outSupport

Last Updated:

1. walterpreuninger

walterpreuninger New Member

I have updated to 2.2 (Froyo) on my Droid X. Every application has a "move to sd card" but that option is always grayed out. I have force closed some apps, but this still does not allow me to move to sd card. Can any app like Flash Player be moved to sd card and function correctly? What do I need to do to move apps to my 32GB sd card?

2. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I had this same problem till I rooted. It seems as if things that I downloaded could be put on the SD card but stock items couldnt. I dont know if that is the cause though. However after I rooted, I used titantium backup to put all my apps onto the sd card. Did all of them at once.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

No tip or how to is offered in the OP, so the thread is moved to the Support area for you. ;)
  4. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member

I believe that apps have to be updated to support being moved to the SD card.
  5. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

and i believe the stock apps cant be moved to the SD card.
  6. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Think the question you need to ask is why do you want to move stuff to your sd card? The X has 8GB of internal memory that is only able to be used for apps. So by moving stuff to your sd card you are really wasting space.