Multiplayer gaming on my ArcSupport

Last Updated:

1. Zak_K

Zak_K New Member

Hi there,

I came across a video of a 'LiveDock' an accessory being released by Sony so I can use a Keyboard / Mouse / Controller on my Droid.

What I would be very interested in though is a way of playing two player games using a controller (weather that be Android games, or games which use emulators such as psx4droid).

Playing old classics such as Tekken while I plug the phone to my telly would be great.

Anyways, theres talk about compatible controllers that can do this (such as the Nintendo Wii controller etc).

I'm not too sure of what I need for this, so any advice regarding this would be greately appreciated.

Regards,

Zak.

Advertisement
  2. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

I am not sure what controllers will work, but I have been told by Sony Ericsson that when the LiveDock is released, they're going to be extending the Playstation certification to allow Xperia PLAY optimised games to work with all Xperia devices (with the right game controller connected).

In other words, an Xperia arc hooked up to a HD TV via HDMI and a controller will let you play games on the big screen, turning the phone into a mini games console.

You'll also be able to do it with handsets without an HDMI port, but will obviously be limited to the handset display.

I am quite excited as I don't really like the PLAY handset, but I do think that there are some great games when you can use a game controller and not need to try and control things using the touchscreen (or tilting the phone). Games like Dead Space or FIFA etc.
  3. audioqueso

audioqueso New Member

I use a Wii controller and a PS3 controller with emulators on my Arc. So apparently, the phone CAN read the hardware. I guess it'll depend on PLAY software from this point on.