• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiplayer gaming on my Arc

Zak_K

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
Hi there,

I came across a video of a 'LiveDock' an accessory being released by Sony so I can use a Keyboard / Mouse / Controller on my Droid.

What I would be very interested in though is a way of playing two player games using a controller (weather that be Android games, or games which use emulators such as psx4droid).

Playing old classics such as Tekken while I plug the phone to my telly would be great.

Anyways, theres talk about compatible controllers that can do this (such as the Nintendo Wii controller etc).

I'm not too sure of what I need for this, so any advice regarding this would be greately appreciated.

Regards,

Zak.

I am not sure what controllers will work, but I have been told by Sony Ericsson that when the LiveDock is released, they're going to be extending the Playstation certification to allow Xperia PLAY optimised games to work with all Xperia devices (with the right game controller connected).

In other words, an Xperia arc hooked up to a HD TV via HDMI and a controller will let you play games on the big screen, turning the phone into a mini games console.

You'll also be able to do it with handsets without an HDMI port, but will obviously be limited to the handset display.

I am quite excited as I don't really like the PLAY handset, but I do think that there are some great games when you can use a game controller and not need to try and control things using the touchscreen (or tilting the phone). Games like Dead Space or FIFA etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones