• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music from PC to Android smartphone

Hi

I hope that someone can help me on this (most likely easy) issue I have.

My daughter is about to purchase her first smartphone .... and guess what, I might also purchase on of the same models just to see how it works.
I have never used a smartphone, so I need to learn it at some point in life.

But the main thing for my daughter is how she will get her CD music into her smartphone .... and I do not know.
I have search google and ended up here - where I found a 2 years old thread, which did not help must.

So I hope someone can point me in direction on how to do it if one is a little off the current IT in terms of Android and smartphones.

What do I need on my PC - what application should I use ?
How do I get it into the smartphone ?
Does my smartphone need a apps to play the music ?

Hope someone can help out so I do not let my daughter down on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Brian

First off welcome to the forums :)

If you have iTunes for your Computer then you can use an app for android like iSyncr, which flawlessly syncs your iTunes music to your device either via USB connection or Wifi.

Otherwise, using Google Music is also viable, this can be achieved by downloading the Google Music Manager on your computer and uploading your music onto it, this will then sync your music over the cloud onto your device.

Hope this helps! :)

(First one is easier)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the warm welcome and the quick response.

Let me see if I get this right.....

I take my PC and install iTunes and load all my music into that application.
Then I take my Android phone and go to Google Apps marked and download "isyncr" and install it.
I then connect my PC to my Android phone and start up "isyncr" which will then import my PC Itunes music to the music folder on my android phone ...

I can then use isyncr to play my music on my Android phone.

Right ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Brian

Upvote 0
isyncr will transfer the music you've ripped via itunes to your mobile phone. Your phone should have its own music player for actually playing music. Which phone do you have btw? Most come with a music player by default, but I can give you some recommendations

If you don't fancy messing about with iTunes, you could also just convert the CD's to MP3 using Windows Media Player if that's easier? Once converted, you should just be able to connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable and it will appear as an external drive, using Windows Explorer, create a folder on your Phones SD Card, call it Music (or whatever you want) and copy the MP3's there.

Does that all make sense?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones