• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music over bluetooth

Infinite-t

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
Well, Im probably just missing something stupid, but I have a Pioneer Avic D-3 head unit im my car that has blue tooth. My old iPhone 3g, I would just hit the BT Player button on the head unit and hit play, and off i went.

I have not been able to get my captivate (on my second now) to play thru the bluetooth. I know you go to the media player, hit the menue button, and hit the via bluetooth button. The unit shows up in the device list as connected, but If I play music from the phone, it only plays, thru the phone speaker..

The bluetooth phone function works fine, but the head unit, when in BT player mode says "No connection" The captivate says it is connected to the unit, but the music does not play thru the unit.

Any ideas? Anyone here have a BT unit in their car they have succesfully plaid music thru?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones