• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Android devices won´t connect to external bluetooth keyboard (Perixx)

PetraSkachova

Lurker
Oct 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I´me encountering a problem with my Perixx Periboard 804 bluetooth keyboard.
I never experienced this issue before, it always worked fine, until two days ago. It´s been a couple of months that I did not use the keyboard. Yesterday I decided to use it again, as I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, so I wanted to pair it and have an external keyboard. While pairing, Android asks me to type on the keyboard a numeric combination that is generated on the screen. I do so, and I´m 100 percent sure that the numbers are copied perfectly, however it always tells me that the password is incorrect, I tried at least 35 times! On my notebook, I have the same problem trying to connect this keyboard, even on my Android smartphone.

At this point, it looks like it does not depend on my devices but on the keyboard. I suspect that there must be some additional switch of the layout or something like Num Lock on the Perixx keyboard that must be activated prior typing those numbers? I don´t understand, as I did not have this problem before...

I add this: Of course, my keyboard is fully charged and of course I always press first the soft button, without this step, the keyboard would not be recognized and the device would not ask for the pairing password that I have to watch on the device´s screen and retype on the keyboard. This password changes dinamically at every try, no way to reset it.

Can you please help?
Thank you,

Last edited:
Thanks Pugs.. what is interesting, that this keyboard has always connected perfectly in the past to any device. I tryed with my smartphone (Android Lollipop 5), with my Samsung Tab (Andr. Loll. 5) and with my computer (Windows 10). It is always perfectly found and recognized by all of my devices currently, the problem is, that when I type the proposed numeric pin, it is never accepted as correct, even if it is perfectly correct. So I suspect that there is some problem with the keyboard, like a wrong layout for example. There is an upper row with numbers, but in some language layouts (like in Czech, for example, which is the one I use - I´m from Czech Republic), the numbers are overruled by accented letters, they have priority, and for typing numbers, I must press usually Shitf. I tryed all possible combinations in this case,even changing the language of my devices to English. I really don´t know. It cannot be broken, because it works... the only thing it does not work is while typing the numbers, so that it cannot pair with my devices, thus I cannot use it... A real mistery. I tryed to contact the Perixx company, but there is no direct support center mail, nothing.

Upvote 0
There is just one fact...the last time I used this keyboard, Android 5 was not out yet, my devices were running on Android 4 and my notebook had Windows 8. Could it be that this keyboard is not supported .. but at this point why all the devices recognize perfectly this keyboard and even ask me to connect to it offering a passkey? I continue getting the same message: it could not be connected because the passkey is incorrect - it´s like they don´t want to write: because the keyboard is not compatible with the newest OS... it drives me crazy. I don´t want to buy a new one, this one is relatively new and unused and obviously not broken as it works perfectly.

Upvote 0
There is just one fact...the last time I used this keyboard, Android 5 was not out yet, my devices were running on Android 4 and my notebook had Windows 8. Could it be that this keyboard is not supported .. but at this point why all the devices recognize perfectly this keyboard and even ask me to connect to it offering a passkey? I continue getting the same message: it could not be connected because the passkey is incorrect - it´s like they don´t want to write: because the keyboard is not compatible with the newest OS... it drives me crazy. I don´t want to buy a new one, this one is relatively new and unused and obviously not broken as it works perfectly.

Here's a link for one for sale on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-804II-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B008I1W7E0
It states "Support HID (Human Interface Device) and Android 3.0-4.4 Operating System." so it may not work on Lollipop although the link I posted may be a workaround, I'm not sure.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Never heard of Perixx, Chinese I assume. FWIW I had similar difficulties with some cheapo wireless BT keyboard I tried a few weeks ago, with a Win 10 tablet and a Lollipop phone. It was either compatibility or the keyboard itself was just like that. In the end I tried and bought an Apple Magic Keyboard, that works perfectly with them. Apple says it needs a Mac, but it should work with anything that recognizes a BT keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pugs1957
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones