• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My anti apple/best buy rant for the day

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
So today I had the unfortunate pleasure of going into the local best buy to buy a laptop for my parents. As much as I hate BB, especially the geek squad(thats a whole different rant), they needed it today so we had to go in there. My mom wanted to take a look at the apples just to see what all of the fuss was about with their mac books. I just happened to hear an unhappy iphone 3gs customer because the new ios4 for anything but the iphone4 will slow it down to a crawl. The apple employee starts saying your only option is to upgrade to the new iphone. Here is where he started to piss me off.

He said that ATT pays for his phone bill and he has played around with phones such as the G1, moto backflip, and i cant remember the last android device he mentioned. He then went to say that all android devices are pure crap and it is like going back in time compared to apple. He said googles android will be playing catch up with the iphone for the next few years.

After that I just went ballistic. I went up to him and said so why dont you like android devices? He stated the interface was terrible and that they were all extremly slow. I went to say why haven't you tried a real android phone such as a Droid or Droid X? They will beat the crap out of any iphone any day. We are playing catch up to you guys yet who has had multi tasking from the start, who has flash support, who has open source development, etc. He kinda just stared at me and I ended with saying enjoy flash as well as your wonderful atenna on your new iphone and walked away :p

Wow I had to get that out of my system to some people that I know would at least understand my frustration. There is so much more I could have said to him, but oh well, google wins :D

That just goes to show how much people stuck on apple really know about anything other than apple. They have been brainwashed to think they have the biggest and best, which we all know is crap. Its ok because android has beat out everyone else as far as new customers at 33% of the new activations. Hell if at&t paid my cell bill id bitch about every phone to.

Upvote 0
So today I had the unfortunate pleasure of going into the local best buy to buy a laptop for my parents. As much as I hate BB, especially the geek squad(thats a whole different rant), they needed it today so we had to go in there. My mom wanted to take a look at the apples just to see what all of the fuss was about with their mac books. I just happened to hear an unhappy iphone 3gs customer because the new ios4 for anything but the iphone4 will slow it down to a crawl. The apple employee starts saying your only option is to upgrade to the new iphone. Here is where he started to piss me off.

He said that ATT pays for his phone bill and he has played around with phones such as the G1, moto backflip, and i cant remember the last android device he mentioned. He then went to say that all android devices are pure crap and it is like going back in time compared to apple. He said googles android will be playing catch up with the iphone for the next few years.

After that I just went ballistic. I went up to him and said so why dont you like android devices? He stated the interface was terrible and that they were all extremly slow. I went to say why haven't you tried a real android phone such as a Droid or Droid X? They will beat the crap out of any iphone any day. We are playing catch up to you guys yet who has had multi tasking from the start, who has flash support, who has open source development, etc. He kinda just stared at me and I ended with saying enjoy flash as well as your wonderful atenna on your new iphone and walked away :p

Wow I had to get that out of my system to some people that I know would at least understand my frustration. There is so much more I could have said to him, but oh well, google wins :D

Of course if they are paying his phone bill why would he say anything other then that? Apple fanboys know very little(most of them) other then what is told to them. No need to get worked up about it let them say android is crap and then when they come out with the dual core processors and a phone that does beat the iphone then you can sit back and laugh at that guy.

Upvote 0
I still think Apple makes the best laptop, although you pay a premium for it (and other manufacturers are getting close). But I learned real quick that BB employees spew almost pure BS when talking about their computers. I can only assume it'd be the same for the phones.

You can say that about almost any salesperson, however. Few really know what they are selling, they just sell whatever they can, however they can.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones