• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My D3 crashed with "BP panicked" error

Sorry, just guessing here, but what happens if you power off the phone, pull the SIM card, and try restarting without it?

And, did you try a factory reset yet?

I did a factory reset and it did nothing, still no signal at all and shows the error message every time I go to power it off. I did start it with no sim card and nothing was different. Just the red slash circle through the bars. :/ And if I shut it down with no sim card, the error message still flashes. It seems to be like, not communicating with it's cell-service function at all. It still works for wifi though.

Any suggestions? I work a LOT and won't be able to get to a Verizon store til tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I can't just call them because I have no signal. This is really annoying...

Upvote 0
I replaced my Droid 3 with the Samsung Galaxy S4 this week. I'm know going to miss the physical keyboard, but too bad the market has pretty much banished keyboard-enabled phones. :( The S4 is very nice and much snappier than the D3, but it's to be expected with 2-years newer tech.

I want to give special thanks to doogald, for helping me out so much about 6 months ago when I rooted my D3 and recommended to replace the stock ROM with MiniMoto. I'm now about to root the S4. You'll find me hanging out in that area. Best wishes to those who still have a D3. :)

Reactions: 5318008
Upvote 0
I replaced my Droid 3 with the Samsung Galaxy S4 this week. I'm know going to miss the physical keyboard, but too bad the market has pretty much banished keyboard-enabled phones. :( The S4 is very nice and much snappier than the D3, but it's to be expected with 2-years newer tech.

I want to give special thanks to doogald, for helping me out so much about 6 months ago when I rooted my D3 and recommended to replace the stock ROM with MiniMoto. I'm now about to root the S4. You'll find me hanging out in that area. Best wishes to those who still have a D3. :)

Good luck with the S4. I have an upgrade (finally) August 12, but I'm going to wait a week and look at the new Droid Maxx. I have my phone set now to try to preserve battery life and there are many things I would do with my phone that I tend to avoid due to battery life issues. I don't need 1024p all that much on a small device like a phone (and watching video content is not one of the things I avoid doing with my phone.) I also live in a remote area and I have heard that Samsung radios are not great with weak signals compared with Motos (one of the reasons I went with the D3 in the first place.) Of course we know little about the new Moto droids yet but I think the big battery may bring me that way.

Upvote 0
Good luck with the S4. I have an upgrade (finally) August 12, but I'm going to wait a week and look at the new Droid Maxx. I have my phone set now to try to preserve battery life and there are many things I would do with my phone that I tend to avoid due to battery life issues. I don't need 1024p all that much on a small device like a phone (and watching video content is not one of the things I avoid doing with my phone.) I also live in a remote area and I have heard that Samsung radios are not great with weak signals compared with Motos (one of the reasons I went with the D3 in the first place.) Of course we know little about the new Moto droids yet but I think the big battery may bring me that way.
Congrats on becoming eligible for a new phone next week. This is my 1st ever Samsung phone (dumb or smart). And it's my 1st ever 4G LTE phone. So far, I have no issues about its radio.

I can see if you want to stay with Motorola due to your familiarity with them, bigger battery, and possibly better radio. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll root it! :)

BTW, I have to say that I didn't think having such a big screen and 1920 x 1080 resolution would be a big deal, but looking at the 2 phones side-by-side (D3 and S4), it's such a huge difference, words can't describe. The screen is so beautiful on the S4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones