• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My droid has a mind of its own and i thin kit really is possessed

pamapi

Lurker
Nov 24, 2010
I've had my droid since Nov 2009. It was awesome up until a few months ago. One day it just shut off. When I tried to turn it on, it gave me: Bootloader 2C.6C Battery OK OK to program-- had to do a search online to figure out what to do (ctl + atl + del and hold... which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't). That still happens every once and ahile to the point where I can never turn off my phone for fear that I'll never get it back on again. Took me a half hour last time, which was just this past weekend. THe phone also lights up randomly. I press the top botton to turn off the screen, but sometimes it doesn't even respond or just turns off to come back on a second later. Half the time when I go to use my phone (worse in the past 2-3 months) I'll try to look up something or send a text and the volume will go all the way up and it'll type in coco...cocococ...... etc like i'm pushing down those buttons, but the qwerty board isn't even out. The buttons are stuck. I haven't even used the keyboard in months. I'll try to use the side volume buttons or go through settings to lower the volume, but it'll put it as high as it can go before I can do anything else. Even if I make a call, it'll randomly start typing the coooccc... thing and you can hear this annoying pulsing sound over the phone. What is going on?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones