• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Eris is slowing down...

I have Android system info app says I have ing 18% RAM when I go to manage applications through settings. There are a lot of apps that I don't know what they are and no way to delete

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, you cannot delete stock apps that came with your phone. Apps like Twitter, Amazon, etc, many would like to be able to delete. Only way is if you're rooted. If you dont know what that is, dont worry about it. You will in time ;)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, you cannot delete stock apps that came with your phone. Apps like Twitter, Amazon, etc, many would like to be able to delete. Only way is if you're rooted. If you dont know what that is, dont worry about it. You will in time ;)

I did the root for dummies Rom plainjanet2 v2.o I'm not worried about the original apps. There are a bunch of apps that have access to personal info and services that cost me and several other permissions. There is no option to delete. Are these hacks or what? Also my internal men is only at 50% and RAM is at 18% just seems wrong. Pleese help

Upvote 0
I did the root for dummies Rom plainjanet2 v2.o I'm not worried about the original apps. There are a bunch of apps that have access to personal info and services that cost me and several other permissions. There is no option to delete. Are these hacks or what? Also my internal men is only at 50% and RAM is at 18% just seems wrong. Pleese help

OK, i see what you're saying.
Yes, you are going to see several things in Menu-settings-applications that you might not reconize. There is a very good reason why you cannot delete those.
They might be apps that your phone needs to function properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones