My Htc Desire is deleting my text messages!Support

Last Updated:

1. erixxxx

erixxxx New Member This Topic's Starter

My Htc Desire is deleting my text messages whithout me wanting it to do so. This is so frustrating! Anyone having the same problem? Is it my SD card it's something wrong with? Or what could be the problem?

Cheers, Erik

Advertisement
  2. Jingizu99

Jingizu99 New Member

Check the settings in your text message box - the Desire can be set to automatically delete old messages with a pre-defined limit. Be sure you haven't turned this on (Messages | press Menu | Settings ). It should only delete old messages though.

3. nerdofprey

nerdofprey Active Member

My HTC desire did this yesterday as well! I definitely had the box unchecked to automatically delete texts, I remember checking this during set up and checked it again- definitely no tick in that box.

It hasn't just deleted the long conversations it has deleted all my texts from everyone- I am really annoyed as I had some important stuff in there!

I'm in the UK and on orange if that makes a difference.

4. erixxxx

erixxxx New Member This Topic's Starter

It's unchecked, but it's still deleting ALL of my messages. I'm in Norway on the Telenor network. I doesn't think it matters where you are. I'm going to contact Htc and come back with the answer.

5. nerdofprey

nerdofprey Active Member

My phone just deleted all my texts yesterday, the ones I got since are still there- I just worry in a few weeks it will do the same thing again.

6. jez42

jez42 New Member

Mine has now done this 3 times. Always seems to happen just as sending a message, then it struggles, maybe giving a Force Close message, and all messages gone. Be nice to hear a resolution to this, as its getting pretty irritating.

7. DjLukeW

DjLukeW Well-Known Member

Must be one of your settings somewhere.

Had my Desire 4 months and this has never happened

8. finto

finto New Member

This happened me only 1 hour ago. All text messages deleted. The Delete tick box in settings was definately unticked. So annyoning

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I haven't had this issue either, although recently, my desire deleted all my APN settings for no reason.

10. Mr Lahey

Mr Lahey Active Member

I have the exact same issues with my emails. I have tried everything and now just have to live with it.
    The Desire is touted as being a phone you can have your way - Not mine. Id love to be able to have the option too have my emails stay in my inbox, but no, its not to be.

11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I think there are quite a few bugs in android and then a few more bugs in the HTC version of Android. Most the issues I had on the HTC software have gone away with using custom vanilla android, but then other problems replace them,

12. stevethemook

stevethemook Member

Emails can be deleted automatically if using a POP server . If you can set up your server to be IMAP via your ISP. Adjust settings on your Desire email program ..

Then all emails will stay until you delete them .:):)

Steve

13. jammin0o

jammin0o New Member

This randomly happened to me again, I've had my Desire since launch date...Which is March I think? It's never happened before and I didn't have that box ticked!

Any idea's on what caused it? Quite annoying as some of my contacts are synced to their facebook mobile numbers through contacts and I use Gesture search so I always call the wrong number... I normally call them off my text messages :(

14. gionik

gionik New Member

Hi Guys,

My first post....I'm using HTC Desire 2.2 and I have set up my working email account.
    Everything worked fine, but when I arrived toady at work, I have discovered that the emails downloaded by me during the weekend on my phone, were deleted from the email server, so I was not able to download them in outlook.
    I'm using IMAP settings, and not POP3.

Can you please advice me on how should I proceed for the emails to be downloaded on my phone, and in the same time to keep them also on the email server?

Thank You!!

15. Staind10

Staind10 New Member

My Desire has just done the same thing.
    Lost all my SMS and MMS messages yesterday, and had to restore from the backup I had using MyBackup Pro, but woke up this morning and they've all gone again.
    Phone hasn't been off, just charged, and the box for deleting old messages definitely isn't ticked (I have over 3300 msg's...).

I upgraded to 2.2 this week so didn't know if that had affected anything, but it appears a few people are having this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, it's so frustrating!

Cheers

16. petesaysblimey

petesaysblimey New Member

Hi all

got a brand new HTC Desire HD, a week old with Froyo 2.2 on Vodafone in the UK.

On top of the fault with the proximity sensor (so after each phone call i have to take the battery out of the phone to end the call) now I've just lost all my SMS messages! I use chompSMS (which is great) but all SMS have been deleted out of that app and the standard built in Messaging app

Really not impressed. Am getting a replacement later this week and hope that works

17. ncjharris

ncjharris Active Member

not able to add any suggestions, but another one to whom it happened.

I was using Handcent, and uninstalled that on the premise that it had ballsed up.
    Perhaps not, and I was wrong to blame it!!

18. shadowy

shadowy Active Member

My turn to lose all my texts!

I had just installed the new version of Poweramp which went straight to SD thanks to the tweak found in this forum. I moved it back to phone to make sure I could use the widget, powered off and on again. Part way through powering on the phone restarted spontaneously. When it finished booting my texts had gone.

I've been using Handcent for a few weeks with no problems. This is the first time this has happened.

19. shadowy

shadowy Active Member

Hmm, if you go into Handcent settings, is the ad at the bottom always for their Online VIP version offering SMS backup and restore? Surely they wouldn't...would they???

20. joe_93

joe_93 New Member

this has just happened to me. maybe it's the new update? i have no idea...
    unfortunately i have no fix, but there are free apps that will back up your messages on your sd card. i've downloaded one so i don't lose anything more that was important to me :/
    just a suggestion :)

21. m3ga

m3ga New Member

Same problem: Updated to 2.2 last week, probably six days ago, sent a text today and now they are all gone, NO BACK-UP, argh. I guess that teaches me.

Also i have been sending and receiving texts just fine up until this happened today. No new apps and no changes in settings have been made to my desire either. Hope there is a fix soon.

22. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Just went into Handcent and noticed all my TXTs are gone too, apart from 2 of them.

Very annoying.

23. Ravmaster

Ravmaster Member

This just happened to me for the second time, it happened once before a few weeks before! I can't seem to think what the problem could be!

24. Scarry

Scarry New Member

This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since i bought the phone in March, doing my head in to be honest, keep on loosing important txt messages, I've even got back up my txt messages to SD card ticked on my phone and that don't appear to be working any idea's as to why it's not backing up my sms messages.

Cheers

Scarry:confused:

25. Kieron

Kieron New Member

Had this a couple of days ago too.

Sent a text and the phone seemed to struggle a little bit, then the text message box went blank. Thought nothing of it but when I went back to the main text inbox everything had gone. Thought the phone might have lost track of them for a while. Turned the phone off and back on again but they still weren't there, so they are gone for good.

Bit of a pain, nothing important was lost, but there were a couple of pics I would have liked to save. But now I know to make sure I save them straight away just incase it happens again. Using Handcent (for 4 months which is how long I've had the phone) and 2.2. and on Orange.