• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Htc Desire is deleting my text messages!

My HTC desire did this yesterday as well! I definitely had the box unchecked to automatically delete texts, I remember checking this during set up and checked it again- definitely no tick in that box.

It hasn't just deleted the long conversations it has deleted all my texts from everyone- I am really annoyed as I had some important stuff in there!

I'm in the UK and on orange if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0
This randomly happened to me again, I've had my Desire since launch date...Which is March I think? It's never happened before and I didn't have that box ticked!

Any idea's on what caused it? Quite annoying as some of my contacts are synced to their facebook mobile numbers through contacts and I use Gesture search so I always call the wrong number... I normally call them off my text messages :(

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

My first post....I'm using HTC Desire 2.2 and I have set up my working email account.
Everything worked fine, but when I arrived toady at work, I have discovered that the emails downloaded by me during the weekend on my phone, were deleted from the email server, so I was not able to download them in outlook.
I'm using IMAP settings, and not POP3.

Can you please advice me on how should I proceed for the emails to be downloaded on my phone, and in the same time to keep them also on the email server?

Thank You!!

Upvote 0
My Desire has just done the same thing.
Lost all my SMS and MMS messages yesterday, and had to restore from the backup I had using MyBackup Pro, but woke up this morning and they've all gone again.
Phone hasn't been off, just charged, and the box for deleting old messages definitely isn't ticked (I have over 3300 msg's...).

I upgraded to 2.2 this week so didn't know if that had affected anything, but it appears a few people are having this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, it's so frustrating!

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi all

got a brand new HTC Desire HD, a week old with Froyo 2.2 on Vodafone in the UK.

On top of the fault with the proximity sensor (so after each phone call i have to take the battery out of the phone to end the call) now I've just lost all my SMS messages! I use chompSMS (which is great) but all SMS have been deleted out of that app and the standard built in Messaging app

Really not impressed. Am getting a replacement later this week and hope that works

Upvote 0
My turn to lose all my texts!

I had just installed the new version of Poweramp which went straight to SD thanks to the tweak found in this forum. I moved it back to phone to make sure I could use the widget, powered off and on again. Part way through powering on the phone restarted spontaneously. When it finished booting my texts had gone.

I've been using Handcent for a few weeks with no problems. This is the first time this has happened.

Upvote 0
My turn to lose all my texts!

I had just installed the new version of Poweramp which went straight to SD thanks to the tweak found in this forum. I moved it back to phone to make sure I could use the widget, powered off and on again. Part way through powering on the phone restarted spontaneously. When it finished booting my texts had gone.

I've been using Handcent for a few weeks with no problems. This is the first time this has happened.

Hmm, if you go into Handcent settings, is the ad at the bottom always for their Online VIP version offering SMS backup and restore? Surely they wouldn't...would they???

Upvote 0
Same problem: Updated to 2.2 last week, probably six days ago, sent a text today and now they are all gone, NO BACK-UP, argh. I guess that teaches me.

Also i have been sending and receiving texts just fine up until this happened today. No new apps and no changes in settings have been made to my desire either. Hope there is a fix soon.

Upvote 0
This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since i bought the phone in March, doing my head in to be honest, keep on loosing important txt messages, I've even got back up my txt messages to SD card ticked on my phone and that don't appear to be working any idea's as to why it's not backing up my sms messages.

Cheers

Scarry:thinking:

Upvote 0
Had this a couple of days ago too.

Sent a text and the phone seemed to struggle a little bit, then the text message box went blank. Thought nothing of it but when I went back to the main text inbox everything had gone. Thought the phone might have lost track of them for a while. Turned the phone off and back on again but they still weren't there, so they are gone for good.

Bit of a pain, nothing important was lost, but there were a couple of pics I would have liked to save. But now I know to make sure I save them straight away just incase it happens again. Using Handcent (for 4 months which is how long I've had the phone) and 2.2. and on Orange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones