• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My lock/power button won't work at all!

My lock/power button will NOT work. I've had this phone since March and just now have had problems.

A few weeks ago, my phone started waking up and etc on its own, which wasn't really on its own because if I BARELY touched the power button, it would recognize it as being pressed, and wake up, or present me with the options to turn it off, restart, etc.

Today, the button just is not working. I took the battery out and put it back in and it didn't help. I had an update for google play services and updated it, but it didn't help either.

My phone isn't rooted.

Is this a software or manufacturer problem?

I'm not home so I can't really bring it anywhere, and I can use other things to text or something, so this really isn't a big problem, but I'm kinda upset because I LOVE my phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones