• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my sd card is haunted

if you are still missing the files, dont write anything to the card, mount it on your pc and run a file recovery program on it see if the files are there, normally files are not physically deleted just bits changed to hide them until the host equipment needs the space and over writes them or a program randomly over writes the "invisible" files. I am sure there is freebie software out there that can do it, i suggested same to a friend with a camera sd card issue and they managed to recover a heap of photos of it including some which had been deleted months prior.

Upvote 0
If it was just a picture recovery program you used try finding an actual file recovery program which might be able to get the videos back as well.

I cant recommend as haven't really used the software much but something in this link might help.

Freeware downloads System Utilities - Data Recovery Tools at SnapFiles.com

Remember and back up what you have managed to recover so far, you should really get your photos onto pc as soon as you can

Another wee tip for you to be extra safe and have 3 copies of files use a service like Dropbox - Home - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy., gives you 2gb free online storage and its automated to, just drop files into drop box folder on pc and they automatically backed up online, PM me if you fancy signing up and i will recommend you, and we both get 250mb extra free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones