1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

MyBackup Pro -- need help!

Last Updated:

1. JWortH

JWortH Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 5, 2010
    I recently rooted my phone and have been playing around with ROMS and such and clearly needed to back all of my information up. I used the nandroid backup and titanium backup for my apps and then i realized i had no contacts :( lol.

So i found mybackup pro and it works great! i actually use this instead of titanium backup now. my only problem is that when it backed up my contacts, i only had like 400+ contacts and now i had 1500 :confused:

i was able to filter out the extra 1000 by viewing only people with phone numbers, i guess it added all of my fb friends to my contact list. How can i get rid of all of these extra people?

its not just the fb contacts that were added, but there seems to many duplicates which are just linked together. when i go to edit a contact, it asks me which contact to edit, and it lists like 3 or 4 of the same contact name and they all say google underneath.

Its so annoying because every time i go to send a text, and i type someones name in, it comes up with the person multiple times. its not the end of the world, but its a little annoying.

any ideas? or any help is appreciated.

--also, i did check the other threads of this app, but this was not addressed.

2. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    You should go in Settings and Data Sync and there uncheck Google sync because probably the phone has synced your Gmail account phonebook, did that to me once and I was really pissed :) Try that. And latest Titanium Backup didnt restore phonebook and SMS ? WTF ?