• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mybackup root: unable to open database file[910]

synergy7

Dec 23, 2011
atlanta , georgia
Ive tried to get mybackup root working on my wife's metro indulge without success.

backups of any kind are met with the same error message: Unable to open database file. I've tried uninstall and reinstall. I've restarted the phone.

It works fine in my lg esteem.

any ideas would be wonderful.

or alternatives to mybackup root.

this is the only thing standing between her and BASIX.

Are you trying to backup all the apps and contacts? For backing up my apps I use Titanium backup pro,never had a problem with that.I have had issues trying to use MBR,even the pro version.As far as Contacts,SMS,Call Logs, I use Super Backup.

When I used to have issues,I would run titanium back up all my apps,run Super Backup and then 0din,reflash rom or whatever was needed.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: synergy7
Upvote 0
turns out I was receiving the errors because my sd card was full: P

Your post was very helpful. I was getting the same message from mybackup
" error during backup: unable to open database file " After reading your post I took a look at the space left on my SD Card and discovered that I had ZERO Free Space left on the card. I moved some old backups off the card, clearing up space on the card and MyBackUp worked fine after that. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones