• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root USB Debugging Greyed Out on Galaxy Tab 7.0(Rooted)

Lucky_Bamboo

Lurker
May 1, 2017
Screenshot_2017-05-01-15-00-58.png
Screenshot_2017-05-01-15-48-38.png

Screenshot_2017-05-01-15-48-50.png

Hi!
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 and I rooted it last night using Odin.

However, do to not being able to find certain files after rooting, I need to try and root again. I've read that many people only get temporarily root because the bootloader wasn't unlocked while rooting (I'm taking a guess this is my problem.)
So, in order to unlock the bootloader, I need to check USB Debugging, however, that option is greyed out. Like in the picture shown, the only option available under Debugging is Choose an App to debug, but pressing that only gives the option of "none" and is irrelevant in doing anything. I've tried every possible solution. Plugging in my tablet, unplugging it, turning developer options on and off, rebooting my tablet, checking for Knox. Nothing works. It greyed out no matter what, and I really really need help in finding a solution!

Also:
Another side issue (if anyone can help) is, I know my tablet is rooted somewhat because I have access to various files I didn't have before. (Using ES File Explorer.) The file in particular I'm trying to find is the skype main.db file. I know how to access it on laptop, however, I need the history from my tablets database. I've successfully located the skyperaider.apk file, and unzipped it, but like in the picture shown, I've been unable to find or locate the username file which contains the skype main.db. I don't know if I cannot find it because I'm not looking in the right place, my tablet isn't rooted all the way, usb debugging mode isn't on, or what? But the whole reason for the rooting process was to find that file, and that's the root (no pun intended c=) of the problem.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones