• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyPhoneExplorer updated to v1.8.1

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
MyPhoneExplorer, the free Android PC Suite, has received an update to v1.8.1 for the following:-

Some changes for Android-based phones:

• Bluetooth-Support
  • WiFi-Connection can be protected with a optional PIN-Code
  • possibility to enter the IP-Address manually to overide network problems
  • Access to Contact-Groups
  • Contact-accounts and calendars are displayed
  • Download installed apps throught Backup-wizzard
  • fixed many bugs
For those of you not familiar with MyPhoneExplorer:-

Features:
  • Adressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, GMail, Windows contacts, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Lotus Notes and Tobit David
  • Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Google, Sunbird, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Windows calendar(Vista), Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Tobit David and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)
  • SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
  • Filebrowser with cachesystem to minimize datatransfer, automatic photosync...
  • Set phoneclock based on atomtime
  • and much more. f.e.: calllists, edit profiles, control phone, memorystatus, phonemonitor,...
Download and more info, here:-

FJ Software Development

Mirror download here:-

Download MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.1 Free - With this program you can administer its Sony-Ericsson mobile phone simply - Softpedia

Your handset app will be updated when you connect to the new version of MPE.

:D

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am so impressed with this program I felt I needed to make the effort to spread the word. I'm not affiliated with the developer, just a very impressed user.

I've been using it to sync my HTC Desire with Thunderbird Calendar and Contacts for a couple of months or maybe more, and it has been pretty much perfect for me.

I sync via WIFI, there was a small bug that meant it wouldn't connect to WIFI on first attempt, was fine on 2nd attempt, but that seems to have been fixed with recent update. It could just have been because I wasn't waiting long enough after enabling WIFI on the phone though.

I initially was syncing with Outlook 2010, but it was a 60 day trial and I hated the interface, and the main reason I hadn't switched to Thunderbird before was because I couldn't sync to my phone. MPE solved this, and has allowed me to stick with Thunderbird - now that I'm used to it I won't go back to Outlook.

MPE does everying HTC sync should do but doesn't. Flawless sync of contacts and appointments, backup of phone data to PC, can read and send texts on computer screen, can sync files between computer and phone (photos, spreadsheets, whatever - not sure about playlists etc as I use MediaMonkey for that) , it can install/uninstall applications to the phone, and displays phone memory, battery, signal info. It's easy to setup, easy to use, clean interface. Brilliant program.

I'm a fan of the free software principle (I use OpenOffice and Thunderbird - there is one essential Windows only program I use that is preventing me switching to Linux) but I donated as I think this program deserves to be supported. The install file has made it to my "essential software" folder for backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones