N1 Insurance, Things you should KNOW!

Last Updated:

1. finesta101

finesta101 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so basically i lost my phone a few days ago and im going through insurance (asurion/tmobile). Now after i filed a claim it went into review and finally today i spoke to a person. Now they currently do not have this phone in stock so they give you 2 options to go through. Option 1 is to wait until they receive it. And Option 2 is to go ahead and buy it again on Google checkout and send them the receipt. After you send them that and a few other things they will reimburse you after 2-3 weeks via check to your mail...

Not as usual and got me a bit upset that now i have to go out and spend another $576

Advertisement
  2. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

I would be happy with the second solution... at least they are not sending you a refurbished one.....

3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

what was the deductible? on smartphones on vzw it's 90.00... curious as to the comparison.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

its 130... i would just wait and demand that tmo give me a loaner phone and credit me the android rate plan for the month .insurance means immediate replacement, thats why you pay it.

SnotF likes this.
  5. finesta101

Well i told the rep on th phone i would buy a new one and send over the receipt and get reimbursed... I just dont think even if i wait for it on backorder i will receive it, i think at the end of the month theyll still tell me i need to buy one... option 2

I am currently using a e72 nokia and dont mind.. but unfortunately i dont have 3g or tethering, this is the main reason i have to just go ahead and purchase a new nexus... otherwise i would have jus used this for the time being...

6. BiGMERF

thats why i said i would have demanded something on a loaner that was comparable . a mytouch or something

7. finesta101

So last night i went ahead and purchased the new handset off Google and faxed over the receipt aqnd all the information they requested... Im currently on the phone with assurion and it seems no one there is 100% aware of whats going on. I keep going on hold for 2-3 minutes every 5 minutes and they keep transferring me over. They also closed my old claim because a mistake was made and now they made a new claim and .....

Very annoying process

I may switch over to a different insurer after this all finishes

8. rori

rori Well-Known Member

Phuuu..that

9. shizane101

shizane101 Active Member

What a pain!

Out of curiousity, did you have the mobile defense app installed on your phone so you could at least make an attempt to locate it using the GPS?

10. gerryk

gerryk Well-Known Member

I think that should be 'will' rather than 'may'.

Also, it's no harm to check in advance the claim process before you part with your hard-earned.

11. finesta101

SO received my phone last night, the phantom skinz came in same day so first thing i did was install the skin, complete charge and currently in process of flashing Cm 5.0.3.1

Now i just have to wait for the check to come in from Asurion, hopefully they know what their doing and will send it to me

12. BiGMERF

let us know :)

13. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

It does suck but I sorta like having that option. When I signed up for the insurance the T-Mo guy told me that I wouldn't be able to have my replacement engraved.

If they let me buy it and send them the receipt I can have them engrave it again :D

14. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

How about SquareTrade?

15. finesta101

So just wanted to let everyone know, the check came in Monday Morning..purchase price - deductible. Quicker then expected so thats always good

16. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

How much is insurance pp mo with asurion?

17. BiGMERF

glad to hear that!

18. statikjack

statikjack Member

going through the exact same process as you did. I called Asurian before i purchased the phone to make sure they would cover it. Went back and forth between T-mo and Assurian couple times, being told different things each time. Finally pinned down an answer "they do cover it, but replacement could take up to 6 weeks since the phone is so new"

At the time i didn't care, but now...well...different story sad to say...waiting for them to come up with a replacement since i don't have the cash to re-buy the phone.

I'm afraid, like you mentioned though, that i may run this course and at the end of the whole thing, be told they cant get one and be stuck with option #2 anyway (having to buy it on my own and wait for reimbursment).

What i can't understand, is how can you and i go online and purchase one from Google overnighted to us, but the insurance co. can't get one for 6 weeks? how does that work?
    grrrrrr.

19. BiGMERF

Excellent point. What can take that long

20. statikjack

statikjack Member

They probably figure most people will just give in and repurchase on their own? or perhaps die waiting and they can close the claim.

Herein lies the downside of being on the "bleeding edge" vs "cutting edge"