• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N64, GBA, GBC, etc ROM Issues

So I have the N64, GBC, and GBA emulators on my phone and they all work great and I used ROM Gripper++ to snatch all the ROMs I wanted to play. However, I noticed the other day that both versions of ROM Gripper have been removed from the market so I decided to sideload the latest version but one I installed the apk, the program was not able to connect to any of the ROMs and download them. I'm guessing that Google blocked this app from accessing the files completely which is why even after sideloading it can't reach the servers.

My question is what an effective and equally easy substitute for ROM Gripper is. I have no problem downloading them to my computer and then transferring them to the phone if necessary but can't find a reliable source for them on the market or internet in general.

Most likely due to some stupid copyright law google has removed all android rom grippers... I found it very difficult to find apk roms online unless you are into file sharing or torrents.. it's all pirating but your wireless carrier will limit your connectivity if they notice it... I FOUND A WAY TO EASILY DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR FAVS IN APK FILES ON YOUR ANDROID... simply go to Amazon.Com on your phone, select link for full site and on the left you will see option to download the amazon app store for android.. they will send link via email or #..... purchase ROM BUDDY for lile 1.49..all the classic.games you now need and the Amazon app store gives you a free paid app each day for going with them..most roms ive downloaded work on my incredible but much better on my galaxy tab...do this quick before amazon bans it...I think its better for their business and gives the developers more opportunity to get their quality emulators out there...have fun gaming and if you have questions post to the forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones