• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks but how am I supppose to choose which rom I want to play it only chooses super m ario

Until I get the GUI added, a workaround for playing different ROMs is to place the file you want to play in app-data/paulscode.android.mupen64plus/roms. You will have to name the file "mario.n64". It doesn't matter what format the ROM really is (the emulator is smart enough to figure that part out).

--edit-- VioletLinked was faster than me, haha!

Upvote 0
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem, I have n64oid on a archos43 internet, everything runs very fast, but for some reason on the touchscreen, I can't press more than one button at a time. For example, in mario kart, I can use the control stick but it won't let me accelerate and vice versa, please help! (ps: this occurs with every rom I use like Loz and Super mario.)

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help, I have found out that it is not multi touch, do you know of a way to make it multi touch?

Android has supported multitouch since at least version 2.0, so unfortunately the lack of multitouch capability must be a hardware limitation on your device. You could ask around on some archos forums, but I doubt you'll have much luck. Your best bet will likely be a bluetooth joystick or USB keyboard (the latter might require updating to a more recent version of android - not sure what version added support for standard keyboards)

Upvote 0
The Samsung Admire has an ARM6 processor, while N64oid requires ARM7a. I couldn't say for sure, but perhaps earlier builds of N64oid were not optimized for ARM7a which allowed it to run on the Droid, but any recent build would not (it also has an ARM6 processor). You might be able to ask Yongzh for a build that isn't optimized for ARM7a, I'm not sure if he takes special requests like that (it would be easy for him to do, just takes a one-line compiler option edit). If not, feel free to try out my emulator (nearing the end of Alpha testing, will be posting a Beta test build on the Android Market this weekend). I fixed the broken link a few posts up in case you had trouble finding the site.

Upvote 0
I just got the Sony Google TV. I went into settings and checked the approval for non-market apps. Then I downloaded androzip and N64oid and installed both. Then I downloaded & unzipped roms .n64 files. So, I can open n64oid v2.6.2 but whenever I choose a rom it force closes. I am using Gtv android 3.1, what's wrong here?

Anybody else try this yet?

Upvote 0
I just got the Sony Google TV. I went into settings and checked the approval for non-market apps. Then I downloaded androzip and N64oid and installed both. Then I downloaded & unzipped roms .n64 files. So, I can open n64oid v2.6.2 but whenever I choose a rom it force closes. I am using Gtv android 3.1, what's wrong here?

Anybody else try this yet?

The first problem with the Google TV is it has an x86 processor instead of ARM7a, which N64oid requires. Therefore, the native libraries (which are the part that do the actual emulation) will not run on the Google TV. It is possible to build an x86 version of the native libraries of course (I was planning to do this with my emulator), but unfortunately no current version of the NDK is compatible with the Google TV, so native c/ c++ code can not be compiled for it at this time. I fully expect that a future version of the NDK will support Google TV, at which time I will build a Google TV version of my emulator (and Yongzh might also build a Google TV version of N64oid as well, especially if there is enough demand for it).

Reactions: scotty_b_goode
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones